14

Everyone is standing in position in the gym ready to dance. "Boys, I want you to focus, and leave it all on the field." The Coach says making most girls confused. Kevin just shakes his head at Roxanne.

"You're losing them, Frank." The teacher whispers.

"No. I got 'em." Coach replies as softly.

"Breathe in..." The teacher says grabbing all the attention again. "Shake out your nerves. Surrender it to the music and your partner. Here we go."

"We can do this Reggie, like we practiced." Roxanne says hoping to calm Kevin down a little bit.

"It's uh, it's Kevin." He replies confused.

"Oh yeah, that's what I ment. I'm sorry I was thinking about the name Carlos gave the ghost he thinks lives in our house. I'm playing along." Roxy lies but he seems to believe it.

"Sounds fun." Kevin says making her chuckle awkwardly. The music starts and they're doing their routine. It goes pretty great just like everyone else but then the music slows down and Roxanne stares at the mirror in front of her.

Suddenly everyone seems to be disappeared and she stands alone in the gym. Another music starts playing and she sees Reggie in the mirror walking up to her, he wears neat clothes and steps out of the mirror. He starts singing.

[Reggie]
Step into my world
Bittersweet love story about a girl
Shook me to the core
Voice like an angel, I've never heard before

The room changed into a dark black room with candles. He holds his hands out, she lets them go through two times before actually holding them and she feels the energy bursting through her body. And they start they're routine.

[Roxanne]
Here in front of me
Shining so much brighter than I have ever seen
Life can be so mean
But when he goes I know he doesn't leave

[Both]
The truth is finally breaking through
Two worlds collide when I'm with you
Our voices rise and soar so high
We come to life when we're

In perfect harmony
Whoa, whoa
Perfect harmony
Whoa, whoa
Perfect harmony

[Roxanne]
We say we're friends

[Reggie]
We play pretend

[Roxanne]
You're more to me
We create a perfect harmony

She spins away from him and turns around to see Kevin smiling happily at her and the gym back around her. "That was amazing! We nailed it!" Kevin says smiling.

"Yeah." Roxanne chuckles awkwardly. The bell rings. "I'ma head home, later." She says while running away. Julie notices and runs behind her friend.

Roxanne enters the music classroom and sits down at the piano with Julie following her quickly. "What's wrong?" She asks while sitting down as well.

"It was weird. The whole time I danced with Kevin I saw Reggie. It was like a real dream, you know." Roxanne says while putting her fingers onto the piano.

"I had the exact same thing." Julie sighs.

"You dreamed about dancing with Reggie?" Roxanne asks confused. Julie laughs and shakes her head.

"No with Luke, I didn't even see anyone else." She replies. Roxanne starts playing perfect harmony on the piano. "Where did you get that tune?" She asks.

"That was the song of my dream thing. Perfect Harmony." Roxanne replies.

"But that's the same song as I heard." Julie replies. Both girls look at each other shocked.

***

They are both home and Roxanne looks in her closet to find the perfect outfit when she hears a poof. She looks left and sees Alex. "Hey, are you okay?" He asks.

"I am, are you?" She asks back checking out his facial expression that looks like a storm.

"No, and I really need to talk to someone." He replies. Roxanne chuckles and turns around.

"Sit down." She says pointing at her bed. "Cause I need too." She adds. He smiles and sits down. "Go ahead." She says.

"Willie, I told you about him, right? He is my ghost friend?" Alex asks softly while blushing. "Mhm." Roxanne says while sitting down next to him. "He's just acting all weird, he pops up randomly and ignores me. He said that it would've been better if we never met." Alex says.

"Wow, that jerk." Roxanne says angrily. "Alex, anyone who hurts my friend is gonna get it. You deserve so much better." Roxy adds.

"It just hurts, you know. I wanna be with him, hug him, kiss..." Alex stops as he realizes what he said.

"Guess what, exactly the same problem." Roxanne replies sighing.

"You wanna kiss Willie?" Alex asks making Roxanne laugh and shake her head. She hears that before.

"No, Reggie. I was dancing today with Kevin but something weird happened. Suddenly it wasn't Kevin but Reggie who danced with me." Roxanne explains.

"Whoa! You know what we are?" Alex asks smiling.

"Complete idiots for falling in love with complete idiots?" Roxanne replies making Alex laugh.

"I would've said it differently but yeah, exactly." He says. "Thanks Roxy, you made me feel much better."

"Yeah, you too." She replies.

"Maybe we should stay away from Willie and Reggie for now. You know. Give it some space." Alex suggests.

"That's probably the smartest thing to do." Roxanne replies sighing.

"So what are you gonna wear?" Alex asks looking at her. "Unless you wanna perform in that." He adds pointing at her sweatpants.

"No, I don't know Alex. Why don't you choose, you probably have better taste then I do." She says.

Alex stands up and walks to her closet looking inside of it and searching for the perfect outfit. "What's this?" He asks taking out an old shirt.

"That was my mom's, I forgot it was in there." Roxy replies looking down a little.

"Why don't you wear this? It's great and you would have a part of your mom with you." Alex says.

"Did I say that you're my best friend?" Roxanne asks smiling. Alex chuckles and gives her the shirt.