Chapter 3|Competition

Time Skip to Competition

We all just arrived at competition and headed straight to our dressing room. Me and Brady got ready for our solos first, Mum was doing my hair before I went to get my makeup done since I need body paint on me.

Time Skip to after my Body Makeup/Paint has been finished

"Ok soloist in front of me NOW!!" Miss Abby speaks loudly so everyone can hear her since she can't scream when I am around because of my ears.
"Ok Brady, this piece is to show me you can use emotion you never use your face when you dance so I am testing you with this dance and Y/n this is to test your flexibility I haven't seen you dance in sometime around 4 years and you used to be my unbeatable girl so go out there and prove to me you still are!" Miss Abby speaks clearly to Brady and I causing us to nod at her.

Everyone leaves the dressing room and either heads to the audience or backstage.
Brady was up first and in around 3 minutes Brady goes on stage and it takes around 2 minutes to get backstage and as we arrive backstage to the right area we hear the announcer say "And next to the stage ladies and gentlemen we have Brady with PTSD."

Brady finishes his solo and nails it and it gets me nervous so to distract me since there is a number before me, Me, Lils and Ellie do our handshake we made when they both came to the show and as we finish we head over to the rest of the team since the girl only has a few seconds left of her solo.

After she finishes we hear the announcer say "And next to the stage we have Y/n with Inside Out."

Once I finish, I think I nailed it, I get a standing ovation even from the judges which makes me smile when I finally get backstage.
The whole team runs over to me when I finish but don't hug me because of the body paint but they are all basically screaming with happiness all saying I nailed it.

Jessalynn's POV

Y/n just finished her solo and got a standing ovation and she brought Abby to tears, Abby and me were both crying by the time she finished. This was the first time me and Abby have seen Y/n compete in 4 years and she hadn't lost her spark she has when she used to compete and her flexibility hasn't become worse it has improved since she was on Season 7.

When Y/n released her song Drivers Licence, I thought she was going to focuse on music and singing like Jojo did but nope she came out here tonight and proved herself. Not to anyone but herself.

Y/n's POV

We head back to the dressing room after I showered, I showered before anyone went back to the dressing room.
When we do the duet and trios start to get ready while me and Brady changed, Brady gets into normal clothes while I get ready for the group dance but only get my costume on except the hat and I don't have my hair or makeup done yet.
"Congrats you two, amazing job you two, Brady you proved you can use your face so I expect to see you use it more in the future and Y/n you did everything perfectly, if I had given you that solo to 12 year old you, you wouldn't have been able to do some of those moves but 16 year old 4'5ft you just proved to me you have improved, you still are my unbeatable girl." Miss Abby tells me and Brady once she comes into the dressing rooms.