Chapter 6

22 years old Jonathan

It's been four years since I am out the country in my university. I had my own apartment which my grandma had purchased long before I graduated high school.

I miss home. Most of all I miss seeing Jack. For some reason my mother and grandma keep persisting that I remained here and complete my entire four years study then come home. It was my last semester and I can't wait to graduate in 3 months.

I was in one of my lecture when the Head of the school came and said I had an emergency phone call in the office. I frown.  I hope everything is ok with my family.

I quickly left the room and went to the office.

"Hello?

"Son thank God. You have to come home, your grandma is sick. The doctors don't think she will last long. The cancer had spread. There is  nothing they can do now."

"But Mom haven't Grandma been in remission for years".

"Yes, but it came back about a year back and it spreaded fast".

"You have to come home. I have already send the private jet. We can't take anymore risk concerning your safety.

"And...an....and..", she stammered out.

"And what mom?"

"Nothing son. When you get here there is so much to discuss".

"But mom why haven't you told me about her cancer  all year. You waited till now to tell me".

"Son it was your grandma decision.  There is so much you doesn't know." She said.

"Just come home."

What is that supposed to mean?

After talking to my mother I went to my apartment to pack.  I was excused from the university for two months.

I was worried about my grandma. She was a pain in the ass to handle but I still love her.

A couple more hours I was back in my country and my town.

The driver took me straight to my grandma mansion. I was greeted by Mr Woodford the butler.

"Welcome home young master," I payed him no mind as I skip the stairs to my Grandma's bedroom.

"I'm here grandma.  I said as I rush to her bedside.".

"James? She said.

"No grandma its me ,Johnathon." I said.

James was the name of my father. She looked like she was gonna slipped away anytime soon.

She smile." My boy. I know I was tough to you and your mother. All I ever wanted was for you to be protected. And be happy. Protect our family legacy and....and ..be a good fa..father". she said as she drift off again.

I know one day I will have my own kids..But not anytime soon . I'm only 20 I am not ready to be a father. But I agreed with her. I left the room as the doctors tend to her.

That night grandma heart stopped in her sleep.

On that same day the lawyers showed up.

"Really can't you guys come after the funeral.  My grandma just died", I said coldly.

"Your grandmother left specific orders to read the will the same day she died",The sweating bald one said.

I sigh.

We all went into the study.
My mother looks nervous concerning something. It was like she had something to tell me but don't want to.

The same bald one clear his throat and started to read.

"This is my last will and testimony.  All my properties and businesses goes to my Grandson Johnathon Jackson who will pass it down to his children and their children.

The lawyers continued

A trust fund of one hundred million is for Nathan Jackson which must not be touch until Nathan is 21.

What the hell?

I looked at my mother.
Do I have another family member.  Who the hell is Nathan?

Just then the door opened and a maid came in holding the hands of a little boy.

Papa?!?! PAPA!... he shouted as he ran to me hugging my legs.

Who's papa?

Me?

_________________________________

I sat on the ground.  As I stare at the 3 year old. Who followed what I did. He sat legs fold infront of me. He was smiling staring at me.

Papa. I sawh meny pictures ofw 'ou. . He said.  That explains it. How he knew my face.

Grandma said youw dowing somethin' importan' an' Nathan gotta wawt to tee you. He said.

I just sat there in disbelieve.
How can they keep something so big from me.

I looked at my mother.

"Johnathon I'm sorry. We didn't want you to lose focus. Your grandma know your studies were important and soon you will have a huge responsibility concerning the family."

"We made sure we show him pictures of you. And videos of you."

I sigh.

"Are you sure he is mine.?

"Yes we did run the DNA test. The girl just wanted to gain money from the family.  After collecting the 50 million and signing the papers your grandma cooked up so that she can't came back to collect him or fight for custody she left town. We haven't seen or heard from her since."

Jenny. He knew she was a gold digger. And he was stupid to believe her when she said she was on pills.

"Papa. Come seew my room. The little excited boy said."

I was a father. Oh my God.

I looked into his eyes and right there I knew he just became my world.

I won't mess this up like I did everything in my life That could have brought me happiness.

Like how I mess things up with Jack.

Jack....................

Chapter 6. Tell me what you think.
This chapter was fun to write.  Just imagine having a kid and didn't know about him/her.

《》beammm1