III

SHAMPOO FAIRY ‧₊˚.
ACT 1 | III
'fruits and waffles

 ACT 1 | III'fruits and waffles

IN SUMMARY, last night was chaotic, to say the least

IN SUMMARY, last night was chaotic, to say the least. from when you went downstairs after comforting Kiyoomi, the 2 kids were nowhere in sight. of course, you were in a panic because how could you lose 2 kids, not even a day within being with them.

but soon after you, found them sitting on a fluffy chair they saw in the corner of the room, their head lolling to the side as sleep slowly overtook them.

the first thing the raven-haired male did was look towards you, basically asking what he was supposed to do in that situation.

with your arms slightly aching under the weight, you carried both children and placed them in the spare room that had clean Cotten sheets.

after that moment the rest of the night was a chaotic blur. with you and Kiyoomi re-reading the note to make sure you didn't miss anything, him contacting Izumi's parents, him having a breakdown pt. 4537, and you being there to reassure him.

one question, in particular, stuck to the back of your mind the whole night.

how is he gonna handle it?

  Saturday . 8:03 am

you scrunched your nose and squeezed your eyes shut as the morning light began seeping through the blinds that covered the glass window.

you attempted to move your neck that was in an awkward position, which only caused you to let out a pained groan.

your eyes hesitantly fluttered open as your vision was still a bit hazy. it took you a few seconds to register that you fell asleep on one of the couches accidentally, which explained the pain in your neck.

looking around you noticed that you were alone in the little seating area. your curiosity peaking as your heard childlike voices in the other room.

you pushed yourself up and took slow strides, not too eager to be waking up so early. turning the corner to the main living room, you were met by a sight you thought you would never see in years.

the two children sat on either side of Kiyoomi with their little limbs kicking and shaking as they spoke and almost incoherent speech. he seemed to be listening intently with his chin propped up by his hand.

a small smile played on your lips as you almost didn't want to ruin their special little moment.

"why are you just standing there?" he scoffed as his head swiveled to the side to look you in the face. "because I want to." was the only thing you replied, walking and falling back onto the grey couch they were sitting on.

"hi!" Hatsumi waved her little hand in a crazed way, her chubby cheeks squished up in a smile.

"hi!" you replied in a softer tone, your wave less intense.

as your mind was still hazy a thought completely slipped your mind as the twins continued to talk. you let out a soft 'oh' and sat up straighter when you remembered the question that should have been the first thing you said when you came.

"Kiyoomi," you tapped the male's shoulder causing him to look at you with a brow raised, "did you feed them?" you asked in a straight face, not being surprised when he shook his head no, indicating that he forgot.

"how do you forget to feed children?!" you asked in a slightly scolding tone, already making your way to the kitchen.

"well excuse me for not perfecting parenting in less than 24 hours," he grumbled and rolled his eyes. you mocked him as the two children followed you after you signaled them to you with a hand gesture and a head tilt.

your knees that were covered by your sweats scraped on the wooden floor as you slightly kneeled down to be at level with the toddlers.

"what would you guys want to eat?" you genuinely asked, not sure what you were supposed to feed toddlers. the two small children stared at you with their head tilted as you could basically hear the cogs in their brains turn.

"um... fruit... waffle?" Harumi tilted his head, still not sure if that was what you were asking.

"fruits and waffles?" you clarified, your lips forming a slight pout as you tried to make out their words. both of them nodded excitedly, their black hair bouncing up and down. you let out a laugh as you stood back up.

Kiyoomi stood from his place on the couch and leaned onto the marble surface. "what am I suppose to do then?" he asked because he felt ultimately useless with you doing basically everything.

"I don't know, find a chair high enough for them to sit?" you said it more like a question than as a statement.

he nodded his head as the kids went back toward the television that was now on.

'this is going to be such a long day'

notes,,,
some of the chapters may be shorter
because I don't want to rush the plot so they
will range between 600-1500 words  and it may
take some time to introduce new characters so bare with meeee