Chapter seven

Laksh was looking at Ragini, she wasn't sure about the happening as soon as Laksh put the vermilion on her hairline, she wasn't in her sense.

Damn it, I hope she will not go mad, she is truly in love with him, him not me. Who is this Lakshya that everyone wishes him back. He has left her, broken her and ditched her, even betrayed her. And here she is waiting for his return, and me falling for her... I wish you had a good reason to disappear like this.

Ragini closed her eyes, the tears were escaping her eyes and rising down her cheeks, unstoppable.

Where are you Laksh? What crime I have done that you are giving me this punishment, I have supported Swara just to keep the family together, was that a crime for you? Please come back I'm begging you to come back to me. I miss you so much...

The silent cry of hers made him feel an unbearable pain, his heart aches seeing her in pain. I need to cheer her up, but how?

Laksh stood up, with low and silent movements he made his way to her, he took a handkerchief and hold it in front of her blurred view, "Ragini?" The slow yet close voice frighten her.

For a moment Laksh thought she will scream and jerk his hand away, but she was just staring at him, motionless.

"Please Ragini, don't cry, it's okay to loose your control over your emotions, but you have to stay strong, we will find a solution and we will find him

"Please Ragini, don't cry, it's okay to loose your control over your emotions, but you have to stay strong, we will find a solution and we will find him."

Ragini calmed, with a shaking hand she took his handkerchief and wiped her tears away.

"You can keep it and clean your nose with it too, I don't mind," a smile that could melt ice.

Ragini sniffed, "I'm sorry, it's just I miss him so much but there is no sign of him. Six months have passed now and this report of yours proving you as a Maheshwari, how and why?" with frowned brows she looked at him awaiting an answer, but there was no answer which could satisfy her.

Laksh took a deep breath, "I know it's shocking me too, but trust me. I'm a born Canadian, I don't know what is going on, I haven't been here before. Just," he had no answer for her, he stood up, "I will change and take nap, I'm done for the day. It feels like if I have lived a whole life in just 3 days without even knowing about it."

Ragini felt bad, before she could say anything he had entered the washroom. Here I'm crying for him, my Laksh and here he is sacrificing himself for me. I need to calm and think about what he said, he isn't my Laksh and native of Canada, maybe he is right and someone messed it up. I just hope my Laksh is fine.

She stood up and changed too, quickly, she took a pillow and blanket, with care she placed it on the couch and laid back on her bed. She hide her face into Laksh side and inhaled his fragrance the least what she could sense of him.

Laksh was back, he saw her back facing him, but didn't mind it, he was happy to see her sleeping and not crying, I need to make a few calls to sort this mess, what if really someone has messed up the samples, but how and who? Damn it.

After some time Laksh fallen asleep and woke up in the morning after Ragini.

Laksh was looking at her, she had set her mind, "I won't cry I won't cry I won't cry."

"Are you chanting a new Mantra?"

Ragini shocked, she turned to him with a lowered head, "I'm sorry, you told me before too not to cry and I did, we are friends and currently you are my only hope and source to find him. The others are useless."

Laksh nodded, "yes, it feels like they want me to be their Laksh, they aren't trying to understand me and my situation, well never mind." He stood up, "I hope you don't mind, but as I'm now 'locked' with you in this room I would like to take a shower, is it okay?"

Ragini nodded with a short smile, "yes, of course you can take a shower, go ahead."

Laksh took his suitcase, Ragini was looking from the corner of her eyes, "you haven't unpacked anything?"

Laksh took his clothes, with a turn he was facing her, "no, like I said, I wasn't expecting this to happen. Really. I thought all the misunderstandings will be cleared and I could leave, but you know, everything happens for a reason, that is what I think and believe. Let's see where this weird journey of life will take me, I mean us."

Ragini wasn't sure about it, journey? He is very optimistic I wonder how he will prove himself not to be our Laksh and how we will find him.

Ragini doesn't wanted to go alone, she waited for Laksh, I think it's better when we will play the couple card. They won't poke their noses in our matter and we can try to find my Laksh.

The door opens and a bare chest man came out, the towel on his head wiping them dry.

"Laksh?" Ragini stood up with widen eyes, "you can't come like this, I'm a stranger and you are a stranger too."

Laksh confused, he looked around, "it's clear for you that's only you and me, right?"

Ragini frowned at him, "so? Are you expecting me to come in towel in front of you?"

Laksh numbed for a moment he was imagining her and immediately shook his head to get rid of the scenes in his head, "Ragini if you were a stranger I wouldn't have come like this, but as you are my fake wife I consider it to be the best and it's not a crime. I'm still covered it's just my chest."

Ragini nodded reluctantly, "maybe you are right. You are well formed."

Laksh placed the towel in front of his chest, "please what?"

Ragini laughed, "oh sharmagaye {feeling shy}? I meant to say nice form my Laksh wasn't formed like this."

"Very good your husband isn't in shape, but hey your fake one is."

Ragini pouted, "don't say that. I like him the way he is," she nodded to herself to give herself the confirmation her Laksh is her Laksh no matter what or who comes.

"He is truly a Lucky Man. And I hope he is dead because only death should be an apology to let you suffer like this."

The words were out without a thought about the consequences.

"Ragini I'm sorry."

Ragini left the room...

Laksh wanted to hit himself for his words. Better if I find him soon.

____
Do comment and don't forget to vote