Chapter nine

Ragini glares at him, "enough what is wrong with you? You can't say such things to them."

Laksh frees his hand from her clutch, "I can do whatever I want to do, as I'm their lost son."

Ragini's face expression changed into shock, "what?"

Laksh frowns, "Uff Yaar, that is what they are thinking I'm just playing the guy for you."

For a moment Ragini's heartbeat stopped, she had stopped to breath just by his words, lost son.

*snap snap* Laksh snapped with his fingers in front of her face, "where are you lost? Listen I'm sorry for my comment on your Husbands disappearance. I didn't meant to hurt you, and I have talked to my friend, Kev, he is also my lawyer and will get all the paper for us. I mean for me to prove them, that I'm Laksh Khanna and not their Lakshya Maheshwari. Shall we?"

He was waiting for her response, a small nod of hers and they moved from there, an unknown feeling was raising inside her, what if he is my Laksh and he is trying to tease me? "No," the voice was small but Laksh turned, "did you said something?"

His eyes were fixed on her, waiting for her answer, "no, I didn't said anything neither I thought of anything."

Laksh lifted an eyebrow, "I didn't asked you, if you thought something, so you did thought of something. What was it?"

Ragini made a fist, "none of your business, now tell me where are we going and why you needed to creat a scene at the mansion?" She walked ahead leaving him behind her with a questioning expression.

Laksh rolled his eyes, he rushed, "oh Mrs. Khanna."

Mrs. Khanna....

Ragini stopped promptly turning to him, "what did you said? Mrs. Khanna? Dare you to join my name with yours, I am Mrs. Ragini Lakshya Maheshwari."

Laksh lowered his gaze, "yes, I know. But you wanted to know why I wanted to leave the mansion. I didn't created a scene, okay. Will you please come with me, it's important that we talk." He waited looking into her eyes, those mesmerising eyes, he could watch day and night, drowning in them just to lose himself in them.

"Fine, but I know you only want to eat your fish or meat," she pouted and looked away.

A small soundless moan came from Laksh, "aww," but she didn't hear it, no she walked again ahead from him keeping the distance, which he was trying to reduce by his speed to catch up with her, walking alongside her the streets.

"I think here we are save, no one knows us and the family members don't come this way. Let's go."

Laksh hold her hand, "it's so warm, let's take a seat at the outer area?"

Ragini nodded, "okay fine."

He let her go and she chose a place, "so tell me, what is so important, that you couldn't wait?"

Laksh looked at the menu card, "I said it."

Ragini frowned at him, she stretched her arm out and took the menu card from him, "what? I don't think you said anything."

Laksh wasn't sure how to explain her, what his friend told him, he took a cigarette from his pocket and lighten it up.

[smoking kills! It's fictional not real don't smoke!]

Ragini huffs, "are you mad?!"

Laksh took a a deep breath, he inhaled the smoke and steamed it out through his nose, "we are married, before you leave or shout or even worse, just listen to me."

Ragini was numbly sitting there, she wasn't angry nor hurt, just numb and confused.

The waiter came and offered them drinks, they both had water.

"Just one moment please come in 10 minutes we will have our orders ready."

The waiter left them alone.

Laksh looked at her, the ashes of the cigarette was laying on the table, he stroke it away with his hand, "listen we don't know where he is, I have promised you to find him, but what if," he paused too long and too short at the same time, it was killing her, she knew what he was trying to say, "what if he won't return or even worst you don't want him back because of the reason he had been absent from you."

10 minutes and the conversation wasn't far from the starting, when the waiter came and took the orders, well only Laksh placed an order for both as she wasn't saying or reacting on anything.

"Ragini?" He thought for a second and risked it, "Mrs. Khanna?"

Ragini's eyes flickered at him, "Laksh I don't know?"

Laksh shrugged, "well you don't know, but I need to know. Do I have a slight chance to be a part of your life or not? Cause I came here to get married, but unfortunately your family ruined it. Now I have become a stupid replacement of a guy named Lakshya, who has undoubtedly some similarities with me, but isn't me. The papers and documents will come within the next few weeks could also be a month. I have no idea how long it will take, but I will tell them."

"No!" Ragini shook her head, "you can't, not until we won't find him."

Laksh felt her warm hand over his, for the first time he jerked it away, "why? Why should I play happy family, when I'm not happy and they aren't my family?"

Ragini begged at him, "try to understand they might..."

Laksh widen his eyes, "do you want to say, they might blame and accused me for fraudulent behaviour?"

Ragini knew her family better than anyone, she nodded, "it's possible."

"You are waiting for the last six months for a man, who has hurt, broken and used you. Left you for revenge and married in front of your eyes another woman, insulting you and your father in the middle of the function. What good thing he has done for you in comparison of what you have done for him. You went to jail, you got stabbed and tried to take your own life, for a man, who doesn't deserved you or your love."

"Enough," she was in tears, "you are only pointing out the worst part of our life's, but not the greater things he had done."

"Oh please, he only helped you for his own benefits and later used it as a way to break your engagement with him."

Ragini shook her head, "he helped me with my little brother, who wasn't born or when Swara had left us, he was my pillar."

Laksh couldn't believe it, "what the hell is wrong with you, can you tell me one major thing? Has he slept with his second wife in your bed in your room and are you still sleeping on the same bed? And don't tell me he was under the influence of drugs, cause to change the bedroom could have been done anytime."

This moment stopped her again to breath, to think and realised what she had been trying to avoid and ignore...

___
I know I made Lakshya very negative but fact is all those things happened and I have so wished that the show wouldn't had the 6 months of leap this only made it worse and then the Abhimanyu track 😭

Do comment, share and don't forget to vote