~five~

Millie's POV: 

I run to the closest house there is. Finn's.

I'm crying as I run. I trip and fall on a rock in the road. The street is quiet, and all the houses are silent. It's that street that is so beautiful at night with the peace and the moonlight is shining down on the road. The lampposts are the only source of light besides the moon.

I sit in the middle of the road crying my head on my knees in the middle of the road sitting there.

I feel something wet on my head, then another, and another. It's started raining while I was sitting there. The houses were in a little circle, it was beautiful at night there. It was, I'm sorry to say, but the best place to cry.

I lift my head from my knees and close my eyes up to the sky. The rain hits my face as I cry cleaning my still running tears from my salty face. It's so quiet. I lay down now, my arms and legs fully extended out in the middle of the road, while it's raining and I'm crying.

The rain slowly becomes sprinkles. So I open my eyes up to the sky and stare at the stars remembering that one night I did the same with Finn.

This is a memory from Millie that night at the sleepover around 2 am....

I got out of the bathroom, and saw every one was fast asleep. Awww Sadie was CUDDLING Caleb!!! Omg!!!

Aww. I watched them for a minute then decided to go outside to the fresh air, to maybe lay in the grass or something.

I tiptoe to the door and open is slowly trying not to wake up everyone. I walk backwards slowly closing the door. I turn around but see Finn sitting in the grass.I don't want to go back inside so I just go sit down beside him.

"hey" I say

"Hey mills did I wake you up sorry. I tried to be quiet" he said

"Oh no, you didn't I was in the bathroom for a few hours" I said

"Oh ok, do you want to spot constellations with me. Do you know how?"

"No but I can try, tell me we're they are and I can probably guess"

"Ok well Leo is a lion, and he looks like this." He pointed to the stars and then drew the dots and connected them on a piece of paper.

"Ok I think I got it now" I looked up and pointed at the stars, "so that one is his tail... then that one is his nose..." I paused

He took my wrist and moved it to the next star pointing up. "Those two are his back... and that one is his arm crease."

"OHH, ok! I see it now!!" I said a bit to loud, I think someone heard next door because a light came on.

"ooo..." Finn  says laughing

I laugh along with him. We look at each other for a minute staring into each others eyes. I watch him smile as I smile then he kisses my forehead and says, " night mills"

I say, "night finnie." And I go inside.

————

The sprinkle of rain had started back again. I was still laying down in the road. A tear ran down my check as I remembered that moment. It felt, right. Another tear went down, and another.

I stared at the stars trying to locate Leo, but then...

I was brought back down from earth, and remembered what just happened about a hour ago. Jacob, at this point I was sobbing, tears streaming down my face. I got up and put head into my palms, poring in tears.