~nine~

Millie's POV:

I get out of the car and take my shoes off I hold my shoes as I ran towards the water laughing with Finn. I feel the sand in my toes as I sink into it when I try to run, but it slows me down.

Shit. I didn't bring a bathing suit.

"Um Finn. I didn't bring a bathing suit. And I'm wearing cloth and sweats right now. I can't swim in this." I say to Finn

"Um.. ok well just wear my shirt. It's ok" he says tossing me his shirt

"ok don't look!" I say yelling to Finn

"Trust me, I won't!" He says. I laugh and he turns around

I take his clothes off and I say, "done!" And he almost turns around then says,

"Millie! No your not!! Lier!" He yells and I die laughing. I put his shirt on over my bra and it's big enough to touch my thighs.

"Ok I'm really done!" I yell and he hesitates to turn around then he finally does.

I laugh then run into the water. I squeal of the cold, and run back into the sand. Finn laughs at me and slowly walks into the water, but I scoff and laugh a little

He gets back out and tells me it's not bad and he can carry me into the water.

"Ok fine but you better not drop me" I say

"I won't!" He says and I laugh

He scoops me up in his arms and starts walking into the water. My toes brush the water as he dips down. My toes go under then my feet, the slowly my body goes under with him.

I start giggling then stop as I look up at the sky. "It's beautiful" he says

"Ya it is." I agree honestly. The sun is brushing the horizon. The waves are steady and barely splashing in.

I move onto his hips and wrap my legs around him. I look at him as he looks at the sky. I look at the curly haired, freckled, boy in front of me. I run my fingers through his hair and he looks up at me.

I wrap my arms around his neck and he stares me in my eyes. I look back in his eyes and we look at each other like this until, I dive into him.

I mash my lips onto his. I tilt my head and he forms his lips then softens as he kisses me back. Our lips move in sync as we kiss in the ocean as the sun sets in front of us. Then woah-

He goes underwater as we kiss. He slowly pulls up and my hair drags on my wet back. I get butterflies in my stomach as we continue to kiss. I let go and we look at each other.

"Hi" I say giggling a little bit

"Hey mills" he says

"I-I think I have a crush on you" I say

"Oh no! Me too mills!" He says and I giggle 

I dig my head into his shoulder and say, "can we go home I'm tired."

"Ok mills" he says, "do you want me to carry you?"

"Yes please..." I say, "and can you drive I'm really tired." I say feeling a burst of tired whoft over me.

"Ok." He says then starts walking out of the water. He puts me down then kneels down and let's me get on his back.

He starts running in the sand I scream. "Ahhh! Hahaha!!" I scream.

He puts me down in the front seat and hops into the drivers seat.

Finns POV:

About 30 minutes in from driving back to my trailer Millie falls asleep.