Laundry Love

I folded my hello kitty knickers thinking of my gorgeous neighbour while I pulled the other comic book ones out of the dryer. So, I like cartoon underwear, sue me. This was the type of underwear I'd been frequently walking around my apartment in. Now that I was seeing Vince, on a daily basis, I needed to dig deep into my draw to find any that resembled sexy. The best I had were white lace, entirely pure but he seemed to like them. With my basket resting on the slightly burnt and torn ironing board in the laundry room, which was in the basement of the apartment blocks, I couldn't keep Vince from my mind. I know you hear people saying things like 'I never do this,' but honestly, I don't. I've only had one steady boyfriend, a guy who was captain of the swim team in high school right up until he met the captain of the netball team and I was chopped liver. Then at patisserie school I'd been so focused on the crispness of my soufflés I'd quite forgotten to look around campus for any hotties. So now when a perfectly handsome bachelor came knocking at my door what was I meant to do? Make a good proposition and hope he'd go for it.

"Fancy seeing you here," I could recognise the sexy Dean Martin resembling voice from anywhere.

"Vince?" I turned in surprise accidently flinging my hello kitty undies in the air.

I cupped my mouth watching in horror as they landed on his head.

Standing there, since he couldn't catch them due to his hands being full of his own washing he smiled.

"How'd you know?" The knickers covered half of his face.

"What?" I could have fainted in that moment, but that would have only added to the embarrassment.

"My favourite colour on you is pink," he laughed, and I couldn't help but join him in the chuckle fest as I peeled them off his head, still warm from the dryer.

"We keep running into each other." I tried to start small talk, not really knowing how to act around him now since for the last around seventy-two hours I'd only seen him when I was mostly naked, and visa versa.

Vince nodded, with a grimace, "Tends to happen when you live in the same apartment block."

His banter calmed me instantly and I gave him a shove as he passed me.

I watched from the corner of my eye as Vince started to load his washing into the machine, as I ironed my pants, not really knowing why I still did that since I wasn't going out in public, ordering my food online, guess it was habit. After a few minutes of watching him, I was almost bursting. He was doing it all wrong, I'd never seen someone butcher washing like that before. He put his whites in with a red shirt and was just about to tip the powder straight onto the clothes with no water when I stepped in.

"Hold it!" I stopped his hand from tipping.

Vince peered over his shoulder at me, with an air of humour, "What?"

"You're a shocker, you know that?" I turned the machine on, and the water rose, "See," moulding my hand over his I tipped the powder in. "This way you don't get streaky fabric," with that I plucked the red shirt from the mix and gave him a slap on the arm. "One of these things is not like the others."

Vince grinned down at me, watching, "Funny I was just thinking the same."

"Pardon?" I blushed, since he was referring to me being unlike the other girls who often came knocking on his apartment door.

"You heard me," Vince moved forward and now I was pinned between him and the washing machine, which moved enticing me to move closer to him with little pushes.

Looking down, noticing his hands around my waist I was caught off guard when his lips caressed mine. As we kissed, I could feel him lift me upwards and onto the top of the washing machine.

I sighed as he made little kisses to my neck, "We can't do this."

He didn't stop.

"Vince," I pushed his chest back a little. "People might see."

To that Vince, still resting his hands on my thighs looked around the empty laundry room, "Seen by the masses?"

Then he went back to kiss my cheek, them my lips before I pulled away once more, wanting him so bad but trying to stay rational, "Vince think of our neighbours?"

"Mr. Jay goes to sleep as soon as the sun, Mrs. Brown is pretty much blind with bottlecap glasses, that couple on the third floor, well they're too busy doing what we're doing in their own room and the others will all be hunkered down with their TV's and phones." Vince made a good argument.

Who was I to debate, it merely made me morehungry for him and this time it was me who initiated the kiss, still atop themachine.