Chapter 20

*Contains sexually explicit content*

Olivia

Jason and I walked hand in hand down the grey hallway to our apartments. A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips as I remembered the day I first moved into this complex and saw Jason locking the door to his unit. To say the least, I was utterly stunned. Of course, it had to be conveniently located right across from mine. I remember how shocked and nervous I felt as he laid eyes on me that day and approached Cassie and I. I remembered his big, shiny smile, the neatness of his navy uniform, his damp brown hair, and that God forbidding spicy, musky cologne of his that stroked past my nose when he approached us.

Who would have thought this would be us now, holding hands as an official couple. Never in a million years did I dream to gain something as incredible as this from the worst day of my life. In that sense, I did have one thing to thank Daniel for. Because if it hadn't been for him, I would have never met Jason. He would have never rescued me from a blazing fire and I wouldn't be here standing next to the most selfless, and loving man I've ever known. I wouldn't even know that such a man existed.

"What are you thinking about?" Jason's voice suddenly snapped me out of my daydream as we stopped in the center of the hall, right in front of both our doors.

Shaking my head I tucked my hair behind my ear. "Oh, nothing." I breathed out, smiling as he pulled me into his comforting embrace. My arms snaked around his waist as his lips gently pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "I'm not ready to leave you," I whispered, holding him tighter.

Jason pulled back just enough to where he was peering down into my eyes. "So don't. Stay."

My stomach fluttered as he ran his thumb across my cheek, leaving a trail of tingles as it moved across the flushed skin. "Okay." I smiled, following him into his apartment hand in hand.

"But wait." I stopped, shaking my head. "Shouldn't I go and grab something to change into?"

However, Jason continued to pull me alongside him into his bedroom. "No. You can sleep in my clothes, I mean you've already stolen half my shirts, what's one more?" He laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him as he dug through his drawers and pulled out a solid white t-shirt and some red boxer briefs.

"I've never even used these boxers, I accidentally grabbed smalls and I didn't feel like returning them." He shrugged. "You can go in there and use my shower and I'll just use the guest one." He gestured toward his bathroom door.

Nodding my head I took the clothes from him, hugging them to my chest. "Thanks, Jase."

"No problem...oh and there are clean towels in the linen closet, just take whatever you need sweetheart." He stated as he grabbed the towel he had for himself that was draped over a velvet chair in the corner of his room.

I nodded before disappearing into his bathroom. It was extremely neat and clean in here. One thing I noticed about Jason was that he was a very neat guy. From his surroundings to his actual person he kept everything spotless and minimalistic.

Opening the glass doors to his shower I glanced around, rolling my eyes at what I saw...or more like the lack of what I saw. There was nothing but a bar of Irish Springs bar soap and the shampoo and conditioner that he used.

I turned the water on and undressed, pulling my hair up into a bun as the water warmed up. When the glass doors began to film over with steam I knew it was ready. I quickly bathed myself and washed away my make-up. Although the water felt nice against my skin I didn't want to stay in Jason's shower for too long. I twisted the shower knob to cut the water off and dried my body before scanning the bathroom for some sort of lotion.