Chapter 15

Olivia

The weight of a heavy arm was draped across my waist, a firm, warm chest pressed against my back. It brought about an instant source of security as I woke. My head ached slightly from crying earlier on, but it was quickly subsiding.

I glanced over my shoulder at a still sleeping Jason. The sight of him brought a small smile to my face. His brown locks were tossed messily on his head, and his face was nearly buried in the crook of my neck. I could feel his soft breathing tickling my skin as he snored.

I relaxed again, resting my head on my pillow before placing a hand gently on top of Jason's arm. The emotions going through my head were such a whirlwind right now. The way he had held me and listened to me with such concern and care made me want to just dive right into the world with him. The other half of me felt like I needed to keep pulling away and keep him locked out for longer.

Could I really trust this man? Was he really this good or was there even a chance that he could be like Daniel? I mean, after all, Daniel was like this in the beginning too. It was an instant connection...an instant connection gone straight to hell.

I didn't want to take that chance just to end up back in square one all over again. Yet here I was, cuddled up in bed with the man.

Sighing, I took Jason's arm off of me gently to not wake him before quietly creeping out of bed. Jason didn't budge as I moved. His snores deepened even more. He had been up all night running calls, so I knew three hours of sleep wasn't going to be enough for him. We'd fallen asleep at maybe 8:30 or 9 am, and it was only a little after 12.

I strolled into the bathroom, deciding to shower and freshen up a bit. Hopefully, that would completely resolve the puffiness I still felt in my eyes and face. Cool water always helped. I decided to take my time, enjoying the feeling of the water as it hit my skin. The smell of my lavender shampoo filled the steamy shower as I massaged my scalp, nearly moaning at how good it felt.

Slowly, I went through the rest of my shower routine before shutting the water off and wrapping a clean towel around me. I strolled into my closet, which thankfully was connected to my bathroom in this apartment, and chose a pair of grey sweats and a white cropped t-shirt to throw on. I walked back into the bathroom after changing and grimaced at the sight of my hair, grabbing my brush and pulling through the thick strands to try and tame it before giving up and throwing it into a bun. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and began to scrub away at my teeth until they were perfectly smooth, and all I could taste was the fresh spearmint flavor.

Opening the door back to my room, I peeked out and saw that Jason was still sleeping. He was now rolled on his stomach, his hands were tucked beneath the pillow, and his head faced opposite of me. I smiled before walking out and tiptoeing over to the door that led out the main room. I shut the door softly behind me and looked up to see Cassie making coffee in the kitchen. The decadent scent filled my nose, causing my mouth to water.

"Well, hey, it's about time you show your face." Cassie joked as I wandered over to the breakfast bar. I took a seat on one of the glass seated stools and sighed.

"Hey, I was up early this morning and needed more sleep." I shrugged as she passed me a mug full of coffee. I wrapped my hands around the warm white ceramic, inhaling the vanilla aroma.

"Doing what?" She questioned, pouring herself a cup of her own.

"Umm..." I pondered for a second, wondering if I should tell her or not before realizing I had to because she'd find out anyway. "Jason came over earlier."

Cassie's brows rose as she took a sip of her coffee. "Came over to do what?" She asked, taking a seat next to me.

I rolled my eyes at her before taking another swig of my drink. "I love how your mind always goes to the best of places." I joked, sarcasm riddled in words.