The Shire

"Aura Thranduilion.. As you should of known you are much different to the other wood elves... Aura Thranduilion you were born with a curse. A cruse of which cannot be undone, this curse, when you become of age your immortality will be lost and you will become mortal."

"I'm so sorry, if there was anything I could have done, I would have."

"Aura Thranduilion you have been granted your freedom, you may leave at your own will."

I woke up with a sudden jolt and looked around. I always had that dumb dream.

"If I have that stupid dream one more time, I will rip my own head off." I mumble to myself.

I take off the bed cover that give me warmth, I slightly shiver at the cold. I look around the room I was given. I'm currently living with Bilbo Baggins and his nephew, Frodo. Frodo and Bilbo have become some of the nicest people I have met in the Shire. I get dressed and neatly brush my hair. The Hobbits have given me a lot more trust when I showed them a hairbrush.

I hear some commotion in the little house, and I go outside to see what's happening.

"Gandalf!" I say running up to him. I give him a warm hug. He pats my back and gives me a hug too.

"Ah, Aura, it is wonderous to see you again." Gandalf says breaking the hug.

I look up to him, he is only a head taller than me. As an elf we were much taller than hobbits. I look at his forehead, a small bruise is forming.

"You hit your head on the door frame didn't you?" I say smirking a bit.

"Yes, well, you know hobbit heights."

"Oh! Aura good morning! Have you seen Gandalf? What am I saying your right next to him." Bilbo saying answering himself. "Tea?"

"Please." I say nodding a bit.

Bilbo pours me and Gandalf some tea. I take the tea and drink it, hobbits are small and so is everything else they use so I finish it almost one go.

Time Skip - Bilbo's Party

The sun had set and the party was going off with a hit. Lanterns kept everything well lit, every hobbit seemed to be enjoying themselves. Gandalf was setting of fireworks, which the hobbit children seemed to love, Bilbo was greeting some guests. Music was being played, I crouched near a table, close to Sam and Frodo, Sam was watching a certain lady hobbit, Rosie.

Frodo and I both looked at each other with a mischievous grin. I nodded, and looked back a Rosie she was now drifting over to Sam's way.

"Come on Sam, ask Rosie for a dance!" Frodo said excited.

"urr... no I think I'll just have another ale." Sam said as he fumbled his words and walked to get more ale.

"Don't think your getting out of this one!" I said as I push Sam into Rosie.

Rosie accepted this and they were now dancing with each other. Me and Frodo laughed and smiled at our friend, who was dancing with his crush.

After a while of watching Sam stumble with dancing the music came to an end and a loud burst came from a tent. A fire work roared out of the tent. I stood up on my feet as the hobbit's 'ooh' and 'ahhh' in awe at it. It flew into a dragon an came flying back down at the hobbits. People started to yell and run, I got some old hobbits out of the way, I looked over and saw Frodo bring Bilbo to the ground, the dragon then soared up into the sky and busted into a huge array of fireworks.

The hobbits clapped and cheered.

I then saw Merry and Pippin with black covering there faces, I also watched Gandalf pinch there ears.

They spent the rest of the night cleaning dishes and washing mugs.

"Speech! Speech!" Random busts of the crowd.

Bilbo stood on a bale of ale and began to speak.

"My dear Baggines and Boffins, Tooks and Brandybucks, Grubbs, Chubbs, Hornblowers, Bolgers and Braicegurlder and  Proudfoots!" Bilbo began, earning a cheer from the crowd at each name.

"ProudFEET!!" A proudfoot yelled back

Bilbo waved him a dismissal as a few chuckles from the crowd.

"Today is my one hundred and eleventh birthday!"

"Happy Birthday!"

"Alas, eleventy-one is a far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable hobbits!" Bilbo continues "I don't know half of you as well as I should like and I like less than half of you than half of you deserve."

Confused faces from thee crowd where everywhere, I looked over to Gandalf who had a smirk on his face. I shrugged and turned back to Bilbo.

"I um.. I have things to do...I put this on for too long." Bilbo whispered, I could hear him, thanks to the elf ears. "I regret to announce- this is the end. This is my farewell."

Bilbo turned his gaze to Frodo and me. "Goodbye."

At this second, Bilbo disappeared. The crowd was shocked and startled. I knew what it was. My time with the woodland elves, they taught me about many thing. The ring begin one of them. The Ring was in Bilbo's possession.

Time Skip - Later in Bilbo's house.

"Bilbo! Bilbo!" Frodo yelled as he busted the door open, I followed him. 

I looked around and I saw Gandalf sitting in a chair smoking his pipe. Frodo lent down to pick something up, I didn't take care in it. 

"He's gone isn't he?" I say walking into the room

"He talked about for long, I never think he'd really do it." Frodo said sadness in his voice "Gandalf?"

Gandalf turned around to face Frodo. He saw the ring in his hand, at the same time so did I. "Bilbo's Ring. He's left you Bag End, along with all his possessions."

Gandalf turns to face Frodo and signals him to put the Ring in the envelope in his hand. Frodo does so and almost immediately Gandalf closes it and stamps it shut.

I'm too caught up in the moment I don't even realise that Gandalf is getting ready to leave.

"Gandalf, I don't understand." Frodo said stopping Gandalf at the door.

He turned to face us, he looked with sorrow in his eyes. "Neither do I."

He bends down under the light to come closer to Frodo and I.

"Keep it secret. Keep it safe." His eyes dart between us before he leaves.