Fun night

So I just got back home from an away game... and may I just say...

OMIgOSH iT WAS SO fUN I'm NEVeR GONNA FOrGeT IT OMIgOSH...

Yeah...

In this chapter I'm just tell you everything that happened so I can look back on this and laugh all over again because I haven't laughed the way I laughed tonight in a looong time and it makes me happy knowing that because I haven't been the happiest this year... and not just because of corona. Mental health man, mental health, you have to take care of it.

So anyway at first this game was scheduled to be a home game but then it got cancelled and was moved to the opposing teams stadium. I have no idea why but it happened. So the band wasn't able to go because of corona restrictions, BUT that didn't stop us. Even though our band director didn't go a bunch of band and color guard members and some chaperones planned to go and we carpooled and met up at the game.

The band was able to play so that worked out. The drummers and the tubas just had to stuff their instruments in the back of their cars. So there weren't a lot of us but enough to play and dance, I'd say like 30 something people.

So I showed up 30 minutes early to my school just because my certain parent had somewhere to be. So they dropped me off and I literally tried every gate and could not get to the band room which was already unlocked but I had to sit in front of the gate waiting in the cold. My friend showed up and let me sit in her car while we waited for more members so I was no longer cold. I found out later that some of the color guard members were able to get inside the band room.

Because them being them... they jumped the freaking gate and found a way to the band room. Smh. I'm so proud honestly.

Anyway kids were able to get the instruments they left and then we were able to head to the game.

______________________________

Okay pause

I don't feel like writing anymore to be honest because this happened like... February of last year and it's september now so I'll just tell you the funny parts.

Cut to the game

All the band members made it to the game and I rode with two friends of mine. We got there and went in, sat down and got right down to it. The band started playing and the guard danced bfhshsgsj yeah I remember it being super fun.

At one point during the game a football player I think on the opposing team got an injury and right before the drumline had been playing this stand tune code red. Usually whenever a football player gets hurt we're all supposed to be dead silent BUT one of the drummers kept on playing unaware that there was football player with a booboo. It was so funny because this man was playing hard while we were just staring at him, one of the other drummers tapped him on the shoulder and his reaction was hilarious when he realized what was going on, ugh.

Anyways I don't remember all too much, some of the guard members had started being mean to the football players basically asking if they needed 'essential oils' whenever one of them got hurt... of course the football players couldn't hear them and yeah it's not funny now but it was in the moment... anyways the game ends and I rode back to my highschool with my two friends.

On the way back my friends and I had been talking and just listening to music, we stopped at a red light and the driver stopped mid convo and said "there's a couple making out in the car behind us" me in the back seat was very subtle in trying to see if the people were kissing, while my other friend in the front passenger seat was basically climbing over her seat to see if they were. Anyways they were because the light turned green and the peeps kissing in the car behind us stayed there a few moments before realizing that they had to go. Me explaining it, isn't funny but it was in the moment.

Later, again my friends and I were chilling at a redlight just listening to music. I was talking when I looked to my right at another car, I looked and basically was being stared down by a 5 year old kid in the other car besides us. I told my friends what was happening and the kid ducked his head so they couldn't see him, my friend driving said "there isn't a kid-" and was interrupted because the kid had popped out of his hiding position or whatever and stared right at us. Anyways we all died laughing. Again not funny me explaining it but funniest thing ever in the moment.

Anyways... that's my story of that game...

Sorry I stopped it midway through, I had just forgot it until now.

I'll add some extra details I remember now-

The cheerleaders from my school were talking shit about my colorguard because we were using pompoms lmaoo...

Right before I left to go home from the game a band mom gave me a red gatorade and it made me happy.

There were alot of unnecessary things said in this chapter not relating to band but ugh I don't care.

The end