I hate guard sometimes...

So yesterday was officially my last day of guard if we don't have football games in Febuary and I know for a fact I'm going to miss it a lot especially since I'm going to be playing an instrument that I haven't played in like... 10 months?

It wasn't exactly a fun experience though since yesterday we actually performed the routine my guard captain made infront of the band.

I know you're probably thinking so what?

Well... there's this really judgmental kid in band and I know for a fact he probably made a not so nice comment about me to his little gang of dudes because he's done it before. I know I shouldn't care what he thinks but I started worrying about how I looked, I even started worrying about my body mid performance even though I'm not over weight. I honestly think I'm a good size.

I messed up a couple times because of it and I was actually very disappointed that I did.

So I've made a mental note for myself and maybe one for you if your struggled with the same thing in the past....

Fuck. Them.

Honestly we can't afford to worry about others opinions about us, it'll just make us feel like crap and I'll try to improve and not worry about in the future and I hope you do that to.

Love yourself and be confident, I know it may seem hard but honestly I really think that's a key to happiness so why not try...

Forget about people watching you while performing and just have fun.