the one with the letters

Never once in Lily's life did she ever believe she would find herself fretting the life of Bucky Barnes in a personal way. Not the type of way that would have her up for a week straight all night. Not the type of way that would have her going on jogs just to stop thinking about it. Not the type of way that would have her son clinging to her in fear that he wouldn't come home. He had become a staple in her life, and not having any contact with him for a week straight, and having no idea where in the world he is, was one of the hardest things she had to endure. At least, that's how she had felt in the moment.

Mere days ago, she had sat in her bed with his arms tightly wrapped around her. Keeping her safe and warm, hiding away her vulnerable state from the darkest of evils in the world. It scared her just how much he had come to mean to her, and just how much Hunter had become attached to him. The father figure the boy had lacked all of those years with Scott being a mere phantom in his life.

However, as much as Lily would prefer nothing more than to curl up deep underneath the goosedown covers and silk sheets of the Avengers Compound, life went on. Her life didn't cease to continue or stop. She had a son to take care of and a dog to feed, and a very pregnant sister to keep from losing her ever loving mind. But she also had work. The hospital had her filing reports as a 'work from home' assignment, and finishing up any medical journals and analysis she had to do. She was on call for an emergency, and was counting down the minutes before she would be brought back.

So, as Lily sat at the desk in the small office the Avengers had offered her, typing up examinations, her mind went numb. All she thought about was the clicking of her fingers and the gentle breathing of Joey coming from beside her. Hunter was doing his homework in his own room, giving Lily some peace and quiet to get her work done. But she had also come to realize over the past week, the Avengers Compound wasn't exactly the best place to be working.

"I told you that muffin was mine, Natasha!" Clint echoed as the two pairs of footsteps halted out front of Lily's closed door.

"Your name wasn't on it!" Nat retaliated, "And that is a known rule in this place. Unless your name is on it, it's free for the taking!"

And that was at 9 in the morning, and was only the first issue of the day.

"You have no regard for the finer things in life." Tony scoffed as he and Bruce also stopped in front of her door.

"No, I just have a sense of money." He retorted, only egging Tony on.

Glancing down at her clock, Lily let out an audible groan. It was only 9:30, a mere half an hour after Natasha and Clint had let their argument go public. But Lily continued on, making sure to pop in her earphones for the virtual conversation she had to do. Some of her patients had set up the online appointments while Lily was away from her physical workplace, and she was thankful. But it was also harder for her to give accurate diagnosis with it, which resulted in a bit more work on her own end. When 11 struck, Lily turned on her computer camera and readied herself for the consultation.

"Hi Olivia!" Lily beamed and waved as the young girl and her mother popped up on the screen, "How are you today hun?"

"Not good, Dr. Osborne." The seven year old sighed, scratching at her chest. A rash that had burdened the young girl for the past week while they waited for Lily to see them.

"Oh no! Well, that's alright, cause I'll make sure to get it all sorted out for you. Why don't you tell me what's been going on. When did the rash show up?" She asked, flipping over her file for the young curly haired girl.

Just as Olivia went to speak, the door to the office burst open and slammed against the wall. Joey's head shot up and Lily flinched at the noise, turning slightly in her chair to see what the large noise was about. Pursing her lips, Lily lowered her eyes at the two tall men that stood in the doorway. One being broad with that signature American charm, and the other holding a Godly presence that was hard to deny. Steve and Thor glanced warily at each other as Lily raised her eyebrows, giving that signature mom stare.