Ludus

~~Ludus - Playful love; flirting and beginning stages of intimate love~~

It's not like Jaemin could help it.

It's not like he had control over the blood rushing to his face and ears in his presence.

Nor his fault that his heart would flip whenever he smiled.

He didn't mean to stare at him during phys ed when he wiped the sweat off his brow.

He also couldn't help but jokingly flirt with him when he could, although now he's pretty damn sure he wasn't joking anymore.

Basically he didn't mean to fall this hard for him.

He didn't mean to fall this hard for Lee Jeno.

Didn't stop him though.

"You know staring at him will do nothing, right?" Renjun took a swig from his bottle, the statement startling the previously entranced younger.

"I'm not staring."

Renjun chuckled, patting Jaemin on the back, "sure, dude."

Jeno turned his head, sending a small smile and wave when he caught Jaemin's eyes. Jaemin sharply inhaled, already feeling the heat in his cheeks as he waved back. Jeno winked at him, laughing afterwards before returning to the game.

Jaemin turned his head to Renjun, "I'm gonna die."

Renjun snorted, "You'll be fine, though I think maybe now would be a good time to get over yourself and tell him."

Jaemin scoffed, "he doesn't need to know, I'm not ruining what we have."

"Suit yourself," Renjun shrugged, "I'm gonna leave you to your not-staring then." Laughing, Renjun walked away from the now pouting Jaemin.

Sighing to himself with closed eyes, Jaemin ruffled his hair. He knows he's fallen, he'd be pretty stupid not to recognise the difference but like hell did he want to act on them. Not when he could destroy all the work he's put into the last year and a bit of friendship. He loved Jeno as his friend and that's what they should remain as.

His eyes snapped open when he felt someone lace their fingers through his hair, and holding onto his hand, slowly raising it from his head. Eyes darting up, Jaemin breathed shakily as he was met with a grinning Jeno.

"How was I?"

Jaemin swallowed, nodding once. "You were good, Jeno."

Jeno's smiled widened, "Ah well that's good...although," Jeno leaned closer to Jaemin's face, "you weren't really paying attention to my skills were you?"

Jaemin's breath caught in his throat, "...what?"

Jeno walked around the frozen younger, a deep chuckle escaping his lips, "Nana wasn't paying attention to how I played, Nana was paying attention to me, wasn't he?"

"I- excuse me?" Jaemin coughed.

"Nana was paying attention to my body, wasn't he," Jeno wrapped his arms around Jaemin's waist from behind, murmuring quietly as he rested his head on Jaemin's shoulder.

"...Lee Jeno, what the hell are you on," Jaemin whipped his head toward the elder only to find his face only a few centimeters away from his. His eyes unconsciously darted down to the boy's lips for a split second before looking up to soft eyes. Jeno's gaze wouldn't leave him and Jaemin was terrified that he could hear his heartbeat.