Arriving in Paris

During the plane ride, Gabe and I just watched movies, ate, and napped. After lunch was served, we watched movies. Like 3 movies. And then a quick nap. Now, we are in the airport. As an automatic gesture, we take pictures. The airport is so different and very nice. We find our way to the carousel where our luggage is. We wait for our turn to step up and get them. In about 20 minutes, we have our 8 luggage and we head out to find the exit. "Umm, heh, where's the exit?" Gabe asks. I scan the signs. I learned a little bit of French. From my iPad. Because it seems like a beautiful language. Sortir. "There! I think that's exit." I say. "You think?" Gabe asks. "Well, hey. It's better to explore and maybe get that chance than being stuck here just because we don't know what exit is." I retaliate. He shrugs and my parents follow us as we follow the sign. Soon, we find our way to the entrance/exit. "See?" I say to Gabe. He rolls his eyes and punches my arm. I stick my tongue out at him. My parents look around for a taxi. We finally find one and get in. My parents ask him to just take us to a something café. Thankfully, he speaks english.

I look out the window. As we travel going to that café, we pass by beautiful sites. Paris is amazing. So many cars and motorcycles. We pass by the Arch Dé Triomphe and the Louvre. My parents talk with the driver while Gabe and I take pics. But we don't go down at the stops because we do have a hop on and off tour tomorrow. Soon we see the towering Eiffel Tower. Ooh la la. I absolutely love Paris.

We reach the café, pay the driver, and get out, bringing our luggage with us. While looking like poor tourists, we walk down the sidewalk and see a crowd. My parents walk on. I try to catch up. It's not that easy. They make it seem so easy to roll luggage along the sidewalk. I'm struggling. Real life struggle here, people. We finally reach the front of the crowd. My parents stop. Bodyguards surrounding the popular girl shoo the crowd away. The girl motions for us to get into the limo. The bodyguards get our luggage and put them in the back while we get inside. Once we are all inside, I ask the question. "Who is she? Isn't she famous or something? Why are we here?" They all smile. I look at Gabe and he looks away. Seems like I'm the only one who doesn't know. "Well, I'm Aquila. A model, actress, singer and someone with a clothes line in France. Aquila Grace. Aquila Grace Philips." She says. My jaw drops and my parents give small smiles and Gabe just stares at his hands. Ooh. There's gotta be a good explanation for this.

--- hope you all are okay with this story... Please give any suggestions or anything you want to read. I'm open to anything. ---