I choose

I look at them. They finally see me and look down, ashamed. The police officer looks at me too and after another few words, he walks over to me, with Gabe following. The crowd disperses and people leave in different directions. "My dear, you must be Astella." He says kindly.

"Yes I am." I say. He nods. He looks at Gabe and raises his eyebrow in question. Gabe nods and he turns back to me. "You have a big decision to make. I can't choose for you, so all I'll say is, be wise. Thus decision will change your life." He smiles and walks away, leaving me puzzled.

Gabe looks at me with amusement in his eyes. "What?" I ask. He shakes his head and wheels me out back. I see them. Gabe continues to push me forward. "Gabe. Stop." I say quietly yet firmly. He shakes his head and continues pushing me over to them. They stand side by side watching us move closer.

Gabe stops pushing and announce he'll go back inside. "Don't start a fight. And don't hurt my sister. In any way. Or else." He says. They nod quickly knowing that Gabe is capable of fulfilling his word though he does have limits.

"Hey, Stella." Chris says quietly. Jon looks away, towards the sunsetting.

"Merry Christmas." I mumble. Jon looks back at me and I stare at him with cold eyes. "I'm sorry, Astella." He says. My eyes widen. He never ever calls me Astella unless it's something really important. I stay silent. Chris approaches me. I hold a hand out to stop him from walking any further. "What got into you guys? Why did you fight?" I ask. They look at each other skeptically. "I saw Chris at your front door. He was holding flowers and chocolate. Your favorite kinds." Jon starts saying.

"I just wanted to surprise you. But then Jon came up and started yelling me. I couldn't take it so we fought. I know it's Christmas day and we shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry." He says. Jon apologizes as well. I take a deep breath. "Well, this sure is some Christmas." I say. Chris looks at me.

"Stella, I do like you. And I will always be your friend. You're special. A one if a kind girl. Frank thinks that too. But we both know, it you don't choose either of us, we're not for you. This guys is." He says motioning to Jon. Jon looks shocked. "It was hard to accept, but Frank convinced me that we had to stop pursuing you. I guess I couldn't stand it. Especially after that accident. So I had to make it up to you. Don't worry, Stella. I'm always here for you. Okay?" I nod and smile. He gives me a good long hug.

"Thanks for understanding. And thanks for caring. I choose Jon though. While I was asleep, God gave me a vision and I know it's him." I whisper. He nods and breaks away. "Well then, enjoy yourself. If it's God's plan, then it will go on. I'll support you the whole way." He gives me a kiss on the forehead and leaves. Jon looks at me, unsure of what to say.

"You like me? As in like me, like me?" I ask. This can't be. Can it? He smiles shyly. He does look cute like that. "Yeah. Ever since, really." He says. He walks towards me then pushes me towards my favorite place explaining the whole way.

"I liked you ever since. I didn't want to tell you because I was afraid you'd grow distant from me. I didn't want to lose my best friend. So I kept it secret. Except, of course, from Gabe. And I'm really sorry about what I said last time. I just couldn't bear to see you like that. Besides, you were getting distant from me. I wasn't sure what-" We arrive and I cut him off.

"Enough. I know. You could've at least just gave me a hug. Oh well. That's it. What's done is done. Let's discuss about now." I say. He nods.

"So Aster, will you be my girlfriend?" My jaw drops. We just had a fight and now he asks me out? "I forgive you for what you said. And I know you forgive me, but this? Are you sure?" I ask. He nods surely. This dude sure loves to nod.

I close my eyes and pray. God, if I see a butterfly, then that means Jon is the one but we won't have a relationship now. If I see two or more then that means I can say yes now. If nothing comes in three minutes, then he's not the one. I pray. I hear Jon gasp. I open one eye and then the others and gasp at the scene before me. We're facing the beach and a bunch of butterflies are flying towards us. I look at Jon and motion for him to bend down. "Yes." I say. He gives me a hug and I hug him back. He lifts me up. "I've chosen you." He says.

"I choose you too. I chose you ever since the beginning." I say with a smile.

{Gabe's PoV}
The fight was intense. Jon and Chris were throwing punches everywhere. And they were seriously bruised. But when I stepped in and said, "Is this what Astella would want?" They both stopped automatically knowing the answer.

I sure hope my little sis is okay now. I wait in the living room. A few minutes later, Chris walks in with a smile on his face.
"What is it?" I ask.

"Stella." He says with a pause. "She chose Jonathan. And God told her." He says.

I smile. Thank You, Lord. I knew it. Jonathan and Astella. What was Reagan's ship name for them again? Oh, yeah. Joella. Heh.

We wait for a while, talking about the latest news on NBA. Minutes later, Stella and Jon walk in. Smiling like idiots. Chris and I share a look and we smile teasingly as Jon pushes her to the side of the couch and he sits down beside us.

"So, how are you two?" I ask with a tease. They share a look.

"We're good." Jonathan says casually. Chris and I burst out laughing leaving the two of them confused. Actually, I don't even know why we're laughing. We didn't share an inside joke or anything.

"You both are like, a couple now, and you just say, 'good'? Seriously. Is that the best you got, Jon?" Chris says. We laugh again with Stella joining in. Jon sighs.

The doorbell rings. "Guess it's time for our Christmas dinner party to begin." I say dramatically. They laugh at my childish gestures and we all welcome our friends and family. Christine and her family, Mark and his family, Reagan, her family, and James, (they're back together!) our auntie and uncle, and Jon's family. Chris is alone right now 'cause his sister has shifts at the hospital.

"Let the dinner party begin!" I announce loud enough for everybody to hear. Smiles are everywhere, and kind words are being said. Thank You for sending Your Son. I pray silently. Thank You for my family and friends. Thanks for everything.

---Hey guys!!! I'm sorry if some things are confusing and not clear... And i'm sorry for some mistakes... I'll fix 'em up later on... And i'm not sure if the story's alright, so if you can comment, that'll be great:) Thanks for staying with me this far... God bless!!!---