Everything changes

{Stella's PoV}
After Adrian and Grace left, mom and dad started working double time. They actually got their same jobs back, but the same positions as heads. So now, they have to work harder and double time to get to the higher positions because their bosses missed them and the way they work. But to be fair, they have to work through it all again.

I sigh. It's already mid June. But I don't know what to do now. We were so excited for the road trip and now that it's over, well...

I throw away the covers and get out of bed. Gabe's at work too, so I'm left all alone. I head downstairs and see scrambled eggs and bacon left over for me. I sit down and pray. Then I dig in.

After breakfast and brushing my teeth, I call for Comet and Ash and we go for a walk. Gabe walks his labrador so I don't need to worry. But I do give him a good scratch before heading out. We walk along the beach and then we head into the forest. After another hour of walking around the neighborhood, I decide to just sit on the sand and play with my dogs. I haven't really been spending time with them. In Paris, they had 2 more dog friends to hang with. And here, they have one and me. We play for a while until Julie runs out and meets us. "Can I play too?" She asks. I smile. "Of course. I'm a bit tired anyway. I'll go get some juice. You stay right here." I tell her. She nods happily and plays with the dogs. I go inside finding Gabe's dog asleep, and I head to the kitchen to get some juice. I get out 2 glasses and fill them up with orange juice. The back door slides open and Jon's head pops in. "Make that three." He says. I give out a small laugh and get out another glass and fill it up. I bring them out on a tray and put them on a table. I watch the two siblings run around and play tag with Ash and Comet. Once we go back to school, it'll be really different. It's my last year in college. Same for Jon. And I might not have enough time to have fun like this.
{Reagan's POV}
I watch and wait. Jon told me yesterday to watch out for a friend.He'd better not be joking. If he is, I'd be an idiot and I probably look like one too. I mean, I don't even know who I'm waiting for. And so I wait. And wait. I check my watch and see that 30 minutes have passed. And that's when I hear my name.

"Reagan!" That voice. So soothing. So strong. So- him. I look at my phone pretending not to hear him. I don't turn to look at him. I hear him approach. Then I feel him next to me. "Reagan." He starts. "Let me explain. But it's probably better to talk somewhere else." I agree and we walk to my car.

Once I start my car, I head to my house. Jon said I'd be meeting a friend. Is he still my friend? Whatever he has to say, it better be good or else the answer to me question would be no.

I park in the garage and I lead him into our small yet comfortable house. He sits on the couch after bringing his luggage in. "So-" I cut him off before he can speak. "Where will you be staying?" I ask. He looks a but down hearted but he replies. I give him a nod knowing where his hotel is. "Reagan." He says. "Let me explain. Just listen." I grunt. I sit on a chair opposite of where he is and I listen.

"So, my parents work for Sheila's parents' company and they were transferred and that's the reason why I moved. But soon after school started, I realized why. They hired me to be a model for one of their clothing lines. And I had to be paired with Jasmine. She's a beautiful girl, mind you, but her attitude is just as ugly as Sheila's. So how could I ever ask her out? Well, I didn't. Sheila arranged for us to be partners and it hit the local news. The new "love team models". I know it sounds cliché but it's true. I had to go on with it because the money helps my parents pay for bills and such since I am living with them too." He stops and looks at me.

"You know," I say with a thoughtful look. "That does sound cliché. Saying you've been paired up with another girl." I say standing. He grabs my arm and forces me sit down. He look me in the eyes. "I know, Reagan. I know. But, I really do like you. You're beautiful inside and out." He says quietly. The room falls silent. "Then prove it. Prove that you really do like me for me and that this isn't some kind of joke." I say expressionless. His face drops again but he agrees.

{Jon's PoV}
School started yesterday and thankfully , Stella's in the same college I am. So I have someone else to talk to instead of Sheila. My guy group of friends from high school are in different schools and my group of friends here have different courses so we don't see each other as often except in the dorms. So it's not very helpful to get away from Sheila during class times.

After the first class, there's a break. I walk to a bench and sit down studying my book to at least look like I'm occupied and busy at the moment. Someone sits beside me. "Hey, Jon." That sweet high pitched voice is pretty annoying. "I'm studying, Sheila." I say turning away. She pouts. I can sense it. "Come on. Just a little talk? You don't have to ignore me." She says. I grunt. I look up and see Stella. So does Sheila. "What's she doing here?" I don't answer. Stella looks over and Sheila leans on me. I try to give her a message saying 'help' but she looks away before she sees it. She walks away with new friends she's made. I slouch. "Well, that was easy. You better not be dumping me for her." Sheila says. "Excuse me? I never dated you or asked you out. I never did and never will." I say standing up and grabbing my things. She stares at in shock and I walk away.

Stella has a new group of friends. She probably thinks Sheila and I are together because of that scene. Eww. I heard James is trying to talk to Reagan.

Things are changing. I know it. And I don't know if they're all gonna be good.