A Big Decision

{Reagan's POV}

I'm sitting on my bed, using my phone, chatting with Stella when mom comes in. "Hey, sweetie." She says. I look up at her and show Stella on my phone. She waves at Stella. "I need to talk to you." She says. Stella says goodbye and I turn off my cellphone. Out of my parents' busy-ness I never really get to sit down and talk.

My mom sits down on the edge of the bed. She looks into my mirror and I look back at her. "Your dad and I- we- have to move." She says slowly. I stare at her in disbelief. "You rarely talk to me and when you do, you jut tell me we have to MOVE?!" I say raising my voice a bit. She sighs. She looks tired and stressed. But right now, I don't mind that. "Your dad's job. He needs to move."
"Where? Somewhere far away where I'll never see my friends again?" I say with that sassy tone.
"I'm not yet done, Reagan." She sats with more sternness in her voice, i am a hot head aren't I?
"We're giving you a choice. Since you are going to college, you will be making lots of choices and decisions. Big ones, small ones, important ones. And this is one of them. We're allowing you to stay or you may come with us. It all depends on you."
"I'm staying. Thank you very much." I say automatically. "It probably doesn't even matter to you and won't make a difference to me. We all live in the same house but whether you're here or not, I rarely get to see you, much less talk to you! So don't feel sorry. It's probably be the same either way. Me living my life, you living yours. With absolutely no communication. I even dinner alone! Do you know how lonely that is? But I guess that's how I'm supposed to live." I say opening the door. She stands. "We work like this so you could have a good life. I know you don't see it. It's hard for me to you know. Not being able to walk well. Your dad is stressed out a lot, and so am I. We worry for you. We want you to have a better life than what we had. But if you don't see that yet, I understand. Just know that-" she pauses as she walks out. "Just know that we love you. And whatever decision you make, we'll support you." She says walking out and down the hall. I close the door. "Whatever." I say as I climb back into bed.

The rest of the week goes by. School starts in 2 weeks. My parents have been busy packing. But they left quite a few things here in case they have to move back. I barely said a word to them this whole week. I just couldn't stand it. As much as hate not being able to spend time with them like Jon and Stella do with their families, I still do love them. Even if I don't show it. Today, dad's gonna be going somewhere to make preparations. Mom's busy doing work again, and I'm still in my room. I look outside the window and see James talking to- Sheila? Woah, woah, woah. I continue to watch. Seems like they're agreeing to something. After 10 minutes, Sheila walks away amd James looks up to my window. I duck and hide. I hear the tv turn on. And then my mom calls me, crying. I run downstairs. I look at her and she points to the television. What I see shocks me and scares me. There's a big crash. A 10 wheeler truck and a black SUV. Our car. It happened just recently.
My mom and I scramble to get into my car and I drive towards the wreckage site. My mom waits in the car since she can't run and I go over. A policeman stops me. "He's my dad!" I shout. He asks his boss and he motions for me to come over. I run to the car and see my dad unconscious. "Dad!" I call out to him. "Miss, we gotta take him to the hospital." I nod and they take him up on a stretcher. I look over and see my mom standing. I walk to her. "Is he okay?"
"He's unconscious."
I ask the policeman what hospital the passengers are going to. He answers and tells me. I tell my mom the news and we get into my car. I drive us to the hospital and we go to the Emergency Room. The doctor leads us to the room and tells us the situation. My dad's right rib cage has been a bit broken and he can't really move his neck.

"Hey there, pumpkin." He says with a smile. Tears run down my cheek as he grabs my hand. I hug him. "Ouch. You're squeezing too tight." He says quietly as I let go. "Sorry, honey. Won't be able to move next week. Maybe next month. My boss knows." He tells my mom. She's crying too.
"Sorry, pumpkin. We gotta wait a while, huh?" He says. I look at my mom with confusion. She looks away. She didn't tell him. She didn't tell him my decision. I watch them as my mom tells him. His face drops and he nods in understanding. I take it all in. If I don't go with them, who will take care of them? My mom's legs aren't in best shale and now my dad's not so good either. My dad asks for a hug and I give him a hug. "I'm sorry dad. I don't know what to do." I say. He brushes my hair. "It's okay, Reagan. You're a big girl now. It's up to you. But we love you either way. And we'd do anything for you." He says. "Pray about it." The nurse comes back in and tells us visiting hours are over. My mom asks if she can stay the night. We go home and I wait for mom to pack her things to bring to the hospital. I drop her off then head back home. Oh Lord. What will I do?