• 56

A

Niall's song with Zayn was set to come out the next day. Niall was already at my door, very excited to share the new song with me. He had a spare to my house so he just walked right in, when I was making breakfast, which was essentially me just pouring myself a bowl of coco puffs.

"Oh hi baby," I waved to him. He walked over to me and kissed my head before hopping up on my counter.

"My new song is coming out tomorrow," he said excitedly, swinging his legs. "Zayn's on it too but it's going on my album."

"Ooh features, we love. Can I have a listen?" I asked.

"Of course baby," he said, pulling his phone out and playing the song. Certain lines of Niall's made me chuckle. The song overall had a very poppy vibe to it. Something you could dance to. It was very upbeat with a lot of electric guitars and drums.

"I love the 'make me wanna tss' part," I chuckled.

"I thought it would be a fun addition. Sounds nice?" He asked.

"Who wrote the song?"

"I did mostly but Zayn helped as well as a couple of our song writers," he said. "Why? Is it bad?"

"Will you stop that? You're fucking amazing at song writing. I worship that shit. The song is so good, practically in love already," I said. "It's definitely something out of your... usual kind of music but it really suits your voice."

"I've got slow songs but I'm not sure that's something my fans would like. I mean my last album was like rock pop. And all of the sudden if I threw in slow ballads I don't know what they'd think," he frowned.

"Niall, if they're your real fans they'll enjoy any music you put out. Because the music you put out are songs that have some meaning to you. It's important to you, in some way. Of course, they're used to your punk rock side but a person doesn't just have one side. They have many. You've never let them into your other side and if you think it's the right time to, then go ahead. Add those ballads as well. I'm sure it will be well received," I said. "But also, can I listen to it?"

"Absolutely not," he said.

"Aww why?" I pouted.

"It's... uh. I just don't want you to listen," he said, stammering every now and then.

"Okay Goldie. You can share with me, whatever you're comfortable with," I answered.

"You're too nice, baby," he said.

"Just want you to be comfortable," I said with a smile.

"Well since you're here, want to have some breakfast?" I asked.

"Coco puffs?" He asked and I nodded with a laugh. He poured himself a bowl and warmed up a glass of milk.

"I tried it and, I mean it was good but like, why would you do that? It just makes it soggy faster," I said.

"I eat fast so it doesn't become too soggy by the time I'm done. And it wakes me up, the warm milk," he answered.

"Weirdo," I mumbled, spooning a nice serving of coco puffs. The second Pepper entered the kitchen, she ran straight to Niall.

"She's addicted to you!" I complained as he crouched down to pick her up. He laughed as he played with her fur.

"She loves me more," he said smugly.

"Oh fuck off," I rolled my eyes. He set Pepper down on the table and she ran over to me, almost drinking the chocolate flavoured milk from my bowl.