Pyrexia

Disclaimer: Medical terms and procedures are not validated by a licensed medical practitioner, the terms are used only for the context of the story.

Kindred's POV>

I'm so disappointed she doesn't know how to wash the dishes and really needs to learn good manners. I remember that I have a class in the afternoon at around 1 PM. I look at my wall clock and it's already 10 AM. I have to drive Thea to her school. If I can remember she's an ABM student which means she's studying business right? She's going to continue the family business? I wonder.

I go to the comfort room to take a shower, then put on my pants and start drying my hair when suddenly Thea opens the door with a shocked face. She's cute even though I have to discipline her.

"What are you doing here?"

She replied shyly, "I-it was an a-accident. I'm about to ask if you are done but no one is answering." she looks away from me.

"Hmm. What's wrong with your face? Why are you so red?" I smile with a grin.

She answered, "N-nothing p-put a t-shirt on. I will wait outside." she's so cute. After that, she hurriedly closes the door.

I can't believe I'm seeing myself smiling in the mirror. There is something about Thea that makes her so interesting.

I put a sticky note on a book she left in my room in the morning. I wrote something on it and it says, "When you talk with others you should respect them especially if they are older than you." I smile at what I wrote. It feels like I'm teaching a 5-year-old girl what she should do and not to do.

I walk outside and returned her book. She forgot to say thank you.

Tsk. She really lacks proper manners.

"Don't even know how to say thank you? Young missy?"

She looked at me then, "Fine. Thank you for returning my book. You happy?"

Quite arrogant huh. Oh well, will see if she stays like this forever. I open the car door for her and go inside the car. I drive for about 30 minutes and she was about to go out when I stopped her.

Thea's looking at me with a confused look then asked, "What is it this time?"

"Be careful." Out of all the words, I can think of this is what I have to say. I deeply sigh.

She smiled at me, "I will don't worry about me Kindred. I'm not a kid you know." I stay in the car while waiting for her to get inside the campus so that I can reassure them that she's safe.

Thea's POV>

I'm starting to not feeling well after my first class and I'm feeling so tired. I think I'm going to faint. I was about to call Klein when he saw me looking pale. He catches me then he told my adviser I'm not feeling well so I'm going home early.

I'm looking at Klein and he looks so worried. He prepared a meal for me and then he called his brother Kindred to come home early because I'm not feeling well. I fell asleep then I feel cold hands on my forehead. I slowly opened my eyes.

"K-Kindred?" I said with a soft tone.

He replied with a serious face, "You have a 'Pyrexia' and you need to take a rest."

"A what?"

He explained it in an understanding way, "You have a mild fever, Thea. Why didn't you told me earlier before you go to school?"

"I thought it was nothing and besides I can't rest. I have disciplinary lessons from you remember?" I slowly stand up on the bed but he stopped me.

He said, "You are sick Thea. You can't perform well if you are not okay."

"B-but..."

He put me back to the bed and look at me with a worried face. "Don't be stubborn. Today is an exception. You can do the lessons when you are feeling better, understood?"

"Okay. Fine! I won't." I looked away and then he brought me food. Klein told me that his brother is not bad as I think he would be if I get to know him. Well right now maybe he is right.

Kindred told me, "Drink this medicine. You will feel better tomorrow."

"Okay. Thank you again." I smiled at him then I slowly fell asleep after that.

Klein's POV>

I saw my brother taking care of Thea in his room. This is the first time I saw my brother being caring and affectionate to Thea other than our mom. He smiles very often too sometimes which is unusual.

I was about to come inside the room when my brother stopped me.

"Don't go inside she's sleeping peacefully. I will stay here with her in case she's feeling something awful." He said quietly.

"Okay big bro. I will take a rest. Goodnight."

He replied, "Goodnight Klein."

The next day begins and Thea is feeling much better.

I saw her waking up with a confused face. She starts opening the bathroom door when...

Thea's POV>

I'm a little dizzy when I woke up and I need to go to the toilet...

"Oh my god!!! Kindred what are you doing in my room?"

He replied, "This is my room, besides you are not feeling well."

"G-go get a shirt to put on." I covered my eyes.

I'm leaving but he opened the door again then he moves closer to me. Pointing his finger from my head to my private part.

He said while looking at me from the eye, "I just want to let you know one thing and that is you will never turn me on. If there is anything, it won't work."

He is really so mean! He will never change. He slowly closed the bathroom door.

"I'm not interested in you anyway and besides there are many guys in my school who like me. I'm pretty and I have everything a man desires." I shouted at him.

He replied, "If once those guys find out who you really are then I'm sure they will change their minds."

"If the other girls find out who you really are then they will all run away from you rude doctor," I shouted angrily at him.

I hit the bathroom door using my feet and it hurts a little but I heard him laugh like a kid would do.

Such a teaser. I really hate that guy.