Chapter I: "A day like any other"

It was a normal day at the foundation, everything was in order, the SCPs were contained, the tests and investigations were going well, nothing out of the ordinary except the upper-middle containment zone.
Several of the scientists and guards who prowl there daily were unavailable and luckily for the few that remained, SCP-035 took the opportunity to manipulate one of those who was taking notes near his cell to lure him to it. The subject approached the glass box of the mask and slowly took it out of the container to place it on his face, which would cause instant death, after a few seconds, the body was already completely possessed by 035, who after having accomplished his goal, he sneaked out of containment with the access card in his host's pocket.

As strange as it may seem, the alarms did not sound and those who controlled the security cameras did not notice the presence of the possessive mask walking through the corridors with great calm for someone who was trying to escape. SCP-035 had some matters of interest within the facility that did not involve escaping, he had gotten tired of making so many plans that later resulted in failure just as it was about to leave, so instead he just kept exploring the place without any concern. It had been a long time since he "stretched his legs."

Several minutes passed before he became aware of an elevator heading towards the containment cell of SCP-049, the plague doctor. 035 was eager to see his old friend, he called the elevator and when the doors opened he was surprised to see two guards in it.
They got scared and threatened him to be peacefully contained again, which he didn't care too much about, knocking them both out with one blow and throwing them out of his sight.

-Are they always so predictable? - He said in a mocking tone and closed the doors.

When he was downstairs, he noticed that there was no one watching, which relieved him a bit. He opened the door of the cell in 049 and he himself was glad to see him.

-Greetings, friend. I don't usually get company down here so there's a bit of a mess. - He said while cleaning his hands and then offering one to shake.

-Don't worry about that, I'm just passing through before they come to point a gun at us. - He responds, shaking the doctor's hand, who lets out a laugh.

-Always with your jokes and sarcasm, you made my day. Take a moment, I think I have some tea around here. -
After a long while chatting, neither of them noticed that time was running out until the alarms began to sound.

SCP-035 said goodbye to 049 by closing the door and fleeing down the hall to take the elevator. When the guards arrived, everything was in order. They checked the mask cell and the only suspect was the scientist's corpse stained with the black liquid from it, thrown to the side of where the glass box was located but 035 was contained. After that, the only ones who entered were the cleaning staff and some psychologists, who by regulation must be present with the guards at all times.