Chapter IV: "Wich is the reason?"

Both SCPs kept chatting like nothing while all the staff who observed them kept muttering and wondering why all this, they did not know if it was just a facade to confuse them and escape when they let their guard down or if they really were friends. Guards soon arrived to take them to their cells.

-Why are they separating us from nothing like this now? Can't I see my friend for a while longer? - said 035 putting up some resistance.

-W-wait! - 049 added something desperate without reaching to put some force.

Their caretakers were still watching the scene, were still confused about the reactions and suspected something. The reason could be something more than a close relationship between friends but, that would be strange since normally neither shows empathy or some other feeling.

As they were taken to their cells, the possessive mask was still bent on shaking off the guards, who to his bad luck were the strongest and his D-Class body was quite weak. When they arrived, they opened the doors, grabbed 035, and tossed it into its container like it was nothing as its expression changed from comedy to tragedy.

-HERE YOU STAY, GARBAGE !! - Said one of the guards before leaving.

On the other side, 049 was heading to his cell walking slowly without saying a single word, he seemed shocked and his eyes were lost.

-Uhh ... A-are you okay? - Asked timidly one of the soldiers.

-Shut up! Better not ask him anything, remember that it is dangerous. - another reproached him.

-Oh, come on! I wasn't the one who pushed him out of there! Surely it's wrong because we took him away from his friend, besides, weren't we supposed to have died from touching him? - He added the same one from before.

-It's true, what would it feel like to be reminded every moment that you are a phenomenon? And since you mention it, it's true, we survived by sheer luck. - answered a third.

-It can't be that they are empathizing with these things! - answered the second.

-Do you want to stop at once? If they continue like this, I'd better go to my cell on my own. - Said the plague doctor to silence them.

There was a moment of silence until they decided to move on. They arrived and left the SCP in containment.

-May it be the last time you feel sorry for another damn weirdo from here or I'll blow your f*cking eyebrows with my gun! - Said the soldier before they stopped hearing the voices in the corridor as they went to the elevator.

//The next day//

-Hmm ... this book is very interesting, how strange to have found it in my briefcase. - whispered the humanoid.

The cell door was opened and an investigator entered.

-SCP-049, if you feel ready, can you accompany me to your daily interview?- he asked him.

-Okay but I don't want any tricks or weird things, get straight to the point. - 049 answered with some distrust.

Once in the interview room, they both took a seat and the investigator did not begin with an interrogation as usual, rather, he addressed him as a normal person, which surprised everyone.
After asking routine questions, he asked: -And tell me, 049, how did you meet 035?-

-Wow, if that is a very direct question, doctor =====. Well, it was a long time ago and I don't remember exactly, that's what I can say. - he replied somewhat nervous.

-What kind of relationship do you have with him? - continued the researcher.

-We are simply friends, nothing to write home about. - the other answered nervously again.

-Are you sure? By your attitudes in recent times you have shown us other kinds of things and ... at this point we have no other resources than to ask both of them directly to form a conclusion before drawing others in a hurry. - he said in a serious tone.

-I know how I've been but believe me, I don't even understand what is happening to me and I'm not sure if this involves 035, so I ask you not to insist on this issue. - added the doctor somewhat irritated by the situation.
-Okay, okay. For now we will not bother you with this but try to inform us of anything to help you. We do not know if this can become normal for you and if it is beneficial or not. W-with this I end the interview. - the researcher finished saying as he retired with care invaded by the fear of suffering the same fate as Dr. Hamm, the previous caretaker and interviewer of that strange creature.

A while later, they also gave the mask a questionnaire but this time he kicked out the doctor ===== with his telepathy abilities causing him a horrible headache. Before leaving, he managed to give the order to be locked up again.

Later, most of the foundation's psychologists were interested in the case of both SCPs and gave their opinions about it but they never agreed with any theory since based on the data, neither would make sense. They decided that it would be best to just keep them watched but not intervene unless it was a risky situation.

(Note: I put "=====" as a deleted data since this story is not part of the game.)