16 🌹

A/N - So who wanna know who the old girl is? ❤❤❤

🌹

Roxanne fell asleep on the short flight to the cave, or what she thought was to the cave. That's where the four lived, wasn't it? The four... boys- no- vampires? Whatever they were, whatever they turned her into. Eyes grew heavy and her lips relaxed against who she knew to be Dwayne's shoulder, their smell, she noticed them and shimmied closer to him. It was comforting, it was home, it was... everything in that moment.

They weren't too far now from their destination. Vast amounts of land passed by within minutes.

Any wildlife that had been there before was quick to scurry away or back to their little homes, away from the figures approaching. It really was a nice bit of land they chose. Only the best.

But now, as Dwayne reminisced he felt himself feeling off about it.

Dwayne was filled with a conflict he didn't know he would feel up until now. As they stood around an all too familiar grave they had once marked with a small pile of bracelets and dead flowers.

And the girl he had in his arms. The girl who unconsciously clung to him all throughout the flight and even when he was on the ground.

A finger delicately stroked her arm.

Josephine...

David got to work digging- fast as if the devil himself was licking at his heels. Marko joined him at the foot and Paul- Paul must have been feeling similarly, he was not usually as slow or as hesitant. The question hung in the air as he looked towards the blood soaked beauty in Dwayne's arm.

What a sight it had been, after so much time waiting. It was hard ti be focused yet unfocused at the same time. There was a need to be close to the new member but that had never always been the plan.

At least at the start.

It made him think, for once. Really think about things and that wasn't just the lingering blood high in his system.

“Should we.” Paul paused, dirty claws hanging at his crouched side. “Should we be doing this? It feels weird man.”

“Givin' me the heebie jeebies.” And it wasn't just from the cool air and lack of coat.

David shot him a look and Marko had slowed right on down. “Cold feet? Paul. I thought you would have been ecstatic for this night.”

Paul ignored his dig and found himself looking at Roxanne's figure in Dwayne's arms. His brows pulled into a frown and his lips parted with a sigh. Usually the blood had him all perky and down for almost anything but now? What they were about to do didn't feel right with him, even if he had been the one knowing where this would all go in the end.

“Do you feel similarly Dwayne?” David asked when he failed to speak up on the matter, even Marko was a little uncertain even as he helped dig down to the bones. The bones that once meant something to them. The dirt still held onto the earring by the skull. A little chain with a hastily wrapped ruby and a feather.

Dwayne was filled with a need for her, and another conflict nipping at that need. Being who he was, Dwayne quickly came to a decision that yes he did feel similarly. He couldn't feel 100 percent on this, and it didn't help that she had intrigued them herself even if she had no idea they were watching.
Dwayne didn't like this.

“I don't think we should be doing this.”

“And you?” David's icy blue eyes flickered to Marko next after the two refusals. He was disappointed and they could tell, especially with Dwayne's refusal. After so long the two had been close as thieves before the two blondes joined, so it meant something to him in terms of keeping on the same page. They were supposed to do it- a life long habit instilled so that everything ran smoothly and to keep the pack close together.