5🌹

Rewrite date - 30th January 2021

Warning: Violence, trance/light manipulation and thinly veiled threats.

🌹

Roxanne woke up refreshed from a peaceful sleep. Curling up into the soft material of a bed. Her eyes flickered open? blinking away sleep. Glancing around she saw her alarm clock 'Is it really 3'oclock?' No wonder she felt so refreshed.

Her sock covered feet gently touched the cold wooden floor as she sat up causing her to wince slightly. Looking down she noticed she was still wearing her striped leggings and red top, the last thing she remembered wearing last night. 'How strange.'

It wasn't usually like her to be like this.

Roxanne then tried to explain why she was feeling off. The events of last night were blurry to her and she couldn't remember what she did last night. 'I woke up late..yes. No one was in the house and then I was getting ready to go to the boardwalk.' She recounted in her head, fingers dipping into the matress but when she couldn't think of anything, she gave up.

Nothing would get done by sitting and dwelling on it, especially not when her stomach was demanding food.

Walking into the kitchen she spotted Michael resting at the table nursing a coffee, still in pyjamas. "Hey Michael, where were you last night?" She sat pouring herself a coffee instead of her usual morning drink. Despite feeling awake enough, she took one out of habit.

Roxanne took time to notice how utterly shit Michael looked and most definitely looked like he felt. He had dark circles under his bloodshot eyes and if Roxanne didn't know any better she would have said Mikey was hungover. Atleast then Michael would have had a better night than she did and she didn't even remember half of hers.

"I spent the night at the boardwalk, why do you ask?" he responded sipping his coffee and slouching in his chair. It felt oddly strange how casual he was but she wrote it off. Michael had never been enthusiastic in the morning and this was about as good as it got in terms of his mood.

"Well I can't remember what happened yesterday." She mumbled- stirring the bitter drink until the sugar dissolved to save it. In truth, she didn't really know why she was asking but a part of her thought maybe he could help her fill in the blanks.

Michael shot her a weird look over his coffee, sighing as he tried to comfort her. Despite his mood, Michael was her brother and brothers were supposed to be at least a little helpful. "Look Roxy, maybe you were tired?" He tried to explain as Roxanne took a sip. She frowned but didn't argue.

It sounded so simple and logical what he was saying but something didn't sit quite right with her. Then again, she did wake up at a late time and with the dtress of the move, and everything else? Maybe it wasn't such a crazy explanation.

Maybe she was overthinking again?

"I remember coming back around one in the morning and I saw you asleep in your room. I was going to ask if you wanted a hot chocolate." Michael was beginning to fill in the blanks for her and she accepted it. Sounded just like him, well drunk Michael that was. Drunk Michael liked to annoy her but he was also her favourite person because he would bring her chocolate and drinks even if she didn't want them.

"Lord knows I needed one." He chuckled trying not to feel like literal death.

'So he had a late night at the boardwalk?' Roxanne didn't know if she fully believed him. She had a small feeling he was hiding something from her despite her rational side agreeing to let it all go. Although she supposed it wasn't completely out of the ordinary for him to be out late, he was acting rather shifty.