Defending Monika *DDLC SPOILERS*

If you guys have followed (on Wattpad, not real life, you stalker) me, you'll know that I made a rant about how everyone (by everyone I mean Gachatubers--) makes Monika evil, when she's really not. I'll be putting the rant down below along with other stuff.

This is all just my opinion! I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

Also, there WILL be spoilers ahead. So if you haven't played the game or watched a playthrough of it, I suggest you do so.

Why don't some people understand that Monika isn't evil? She literally gets a redemption arc in the game. Her kindness was genuine and wasn't faked. She apologized for her actions and admitted that even though her friends didn't exist, she still cared about them and couldn't fully delete them. And Monika even brought back the game without herself in it because she thought you'd be unhappy if she was there. And when she learned no one could be happy in the game, she deleted it. And she even made you a song! And in the song, she acknowledges that her actions hurt her loved ones. AND CHARA ISN'T EVIL EITHER GODDAMMIT

And also, Monika knows nothing is real. She says in the game that if it weren't for us, she'd probably would've killed herself. And she doesn't have a route either. She's forced to watch you, the only real person, the person who she's in love with, date pieces of code (that she cares about, mind you). Wouldn't you go a little crazy? Not saying what Monika did was right or that all those reasons justify what she did, but people think Monika did what she did because she's evil and the devil.

Monika's a good person that did terrible things because of something that happened to them. Who else does this remind me of?

S P I N E L

Now, before we continue, please know that I love Spinel with all my heart. However, as a result of her abandonment, she went out of her way to destroy an innocent planet with innocent people that don't even know her nor did nothing to her. Yet, I've seen almost nobody call her out on it. They make Spinel out to be an innocent, hurt character, and yes, she has been hurt, but she had hurt other people was well.

Monika kinda did the same thing, yet I see everyone making her out to be evil. It's really sad to be honest. I know Monika isn't real, so I can only imagine what'd she feel like. But all she wanted was to be with a piece of something real, and all she gets is hate.