It's Normal To Be Scared

Win was ready to walk down the aisle, well as ready as he could be, the talk he had with his parents had helped him and he felt he could do anything, at least he felt that until he had to walk down the aisle, his father held his hand tightly, his face grim, he didn't want it to be like this but he couldn't think of anything else.

"Are you going to be fine?" He heard his father ask, looking up at him with his furrowed brows.

Win forced a smile and nodded, pulling his father along with him. He wanted to be done with it already. As they started walking, Win heard a few gasps probably the surprised guests, he could bet his life they weren't expecting it to be Win walking down the aisle, even he didn't expect to see himself walking down the aisle.

Surprisingly, his heart didn't hurt, not until he looked at Bright and it started. He wanted to run away and cry but he couldn't do that, so he settled for switching it off. He stopped thinking about it, letting his body move on it's own, he will worry about the situation later. He barely heard Bright whisper words of comfort and simply nodded.

By the time Win zoned back into it all, the after-party was almost over, the last few guests leaving after wishing them best of luck, surprisingly no one had said anything bad but then again Win was barely paying attention to any of it, so he isn't completely sure.

Finally able to relax, Win dropped the fake smile he had on his face. He did notice Bright's hand still on his lower back, guiding him towards the chairs and motioning for him to sit down.

"Are you okay?" Bright asked, no one else seemed to be approaching them, somehow during the entire thing Bright had been the only one Win hadn't talked to.

"I should be asking you that P'Bright, you were here to marry Tu but you have to go with me..." Win said, barely able to keep the bitterness out of his voice.

"I -, no about the ...." Bright struggled for a bit before giving up, he just couldn't bring himself to talk to Win properly.

"Coming out?" Win asked, his head tilted to the side. At any other moment, it would have made his heart skip a beat, but with how tired his eyes looked, it only succeeded in worrying him more.

"Yeah" Bright replied, his shoulders tense.

"It's fine, definitely not the way I had planned to come out but-" Win trailed off.

"But what?" Bright asked, not taking his eyes off of Win.

"But I am happy I did, at least I don't have to worry about disappointing my parents anymore..." Win said looking back at Bright.

"Oh," Bright said, looking at the table in front of them, " They aren't upset?" He asked.

"No, neither of them are, suddenly I feel stupid for being worried about it." Win chuckled, the bitterness disappearing from his voice, he leaned his head back and took a deep breath.

"You shouldn't," Bright said firmly.

"hmm?" Win looked at him, eyebrows raised.

"You shouldn't feel stupid for being scared, it is normal. Even though you have the most loving parents, even though you know they would support you, feeling scared is fine, it happens." Bright said, maintaining eye contact with Win.

"Thanks, phi" Win smiled, as Bright raised his hand and patted Win on the head, "You aren't upset ?" Win asked.

"Upset about what?" Bright questioned, his hand still on Win's head.

"Me not telling" Win said, looking away from his face.

"No, I couldn't be upset at you for this. It's your thing to share Win, whether you want to share it with me or not. It's your choice and I have no right to upset over it. I am worried you were worrying about it alone though not gonna lie." Bright said, pulling his hand back as Win moved away, his shoulders hunching.

"I didn't" Win mumbled.

"You told someone?" Bright asked.

"Love, Dew, P'Toptap and Khaotung" Win answered. Looking up hesitantly when Bright didn't reply immediately.

"I see, that's good then." Bright said, nodding his head. "I am glad you had friends you could trust." He added.

"I- It's not that I don't trust you, I just –" Win tried to speak but Bright cut him off with a raised hand.

"Win I meant it when I said, I am not upset about it, it's completely fine. So don't worry your head over it Tua Woon Wai." Bright smiled, hands reaching up to ruffle his head again.

"You haven't done that in a long time" Win whispered, remembering the last time Bright had done it, it was before Bright and Tu started dating. He felt his chest throb again with pain.

"What was that?" Bright asked, now standing and stretching his arms.

"Nothing" Win shook his head, now wasn't the time to worry about his unrequited feelings. They had more pressing matters to attend to, like where would they live.

"This is stupid." Win grumbled, while Bright sat beside him and chuckled.

"It is." He simply said, looking out of the car window as the driver drove them to the apartment Bright's mom had bought, she had wanted to gift it to the wedded couple and so she did.

"They didn't even let me go home to take my clothes, I can't sleep in a tux." Win grumbled.

"Just sleep naked then." Bright chuckled.

"I am not you Phi Bright" Win stuck his tongue out.

"You are doing it again." Bright said, shaking his head.

"Doing what?" Win asked, looking at Bright.

" The thing you do, where you complain and worry about every small thing so that you forget about the big bad thing." Bright said, rubbing comforting circles with his thumb on Win's knee.

"I- I am not- you don't- ughhhh fine but what else do I do?" Win groaned, pulling away from Bright's hand.

"hmm, here" Bright patted his shoulder, "Sleep." He said, looking right at Win who just scoffed at the gesture.

"What?" Bright asked, sounding almost sad.

"If you think I am getting any sleep tonight, you are super wrong Phi," Win said and turned to look out of the window.

"Win-" Bright started only to be cut off by the driver.

"Sir, we are here."

Bright sighed, giving Win one last look before exiting the car as Win did the same. The driver handed them the card key to their new home before bowing and leaving.

"He didn't even let us thank him." Win said, his hand gripping his jacket tightly.

"Come" Bright held out his hand for Win to take. Win looked at his hand and smiled at Bright tiredly as he slipped his hand into his.

Unaware of the figure hiding at a distance as he clicked pictures of the two Men.