He Is Cared For Too

Loud ringing of the phone filled the room as Win groaned and tried covering his face, trying to turn away but finds himself restrained by a pair of hands. He looks down and sees Bright curled beside him, signs of dried tears visible; it was clear that Bright had cried himself to sleep, while Win had been sleeping peacefully Bright had been crying.

He couldn't help but think about the past few days, it had been crazy. They had to do damage control and he had been a mess so Bright had to do everything on his own, he felt guilt enter him as he realises how unhelpful he had been. The only thing he had done was cry and be comforted by the person who most definitely needed help.

During the days he had been held by others and cared for, but had anyone checked up on Bright? Even he hadn't made an effort to check on the older man. He couldn't do this anymore, he had to stop crying and start being useful, even if he couldn't be of much use, the least he could do was reduce one burden.

And then the phone was ringing again, Bright stirred and curled more into himself. Win recognised the phone to be his and so he grabbed it, checking the caller ID and almost shot out of the bed but remembered Bright's arm around his waist.

He thought for a minute but then decided to stay in bed as he picked up the call, speaking in a low tone.

"Hi dad, What is it? Any updates on Tu?" He asked a little rushed, but not loud enough to wake Bright up.

His father let out a deep sigh, "No..." He sounded utterly defeated and tired. "The PI is still working, I was wondering if we should release the news about Tu but-" He cut off, sighing again.

"That would cause a big damage to stocks, especially since Tu is supposed to take over the company..." Win finished, understanding the big problem in that action.

"Yeah, if there is any scandal related to her, it would give them a very valid reason to revoke her name as the next head. But does it matter? Does she even want it?" His father asked, his voice taking a tone Win had never heard before but it wasn't hard to understand that it was one of desperation.

"Dad, We will find her." Win said, making sure his voice sounded strong enough to comfort his father, his resolve strengthening to take charge. He was done crying now, he was going to find Tu and bring her home no matter what.

"Yes, yes we will." His father replied.

"Did you call for any other reason?" He asked, when he felt stirring next to him, he looked down and saw Bright turning on his back and then facing the other side, but his back still brushed against Win's side. Win took the opportunity to sit upright, making sure to maintain contact knowing how Bright always found physical touch comforting.

"Yeah, about making things easier for you and Bright" His father spoke up after a second of silence and there was rustling of papers before more silence, "We are thinking of holding a press conference and explaining things. So they would leave you alone somewhat."

"Explain things?"

Win startled and looked at Bright, seeing him wide awake now.

"Is Bright with you?" His father asked and Win nodded before realising they were on a voice call and blurted a hasty yes. "Okay then both of you listen."

Win put the phone on speaker.

"How much did you hear Bright?" Win's father asked.

"Only the press conference part dad." Bright replied, sitting up himself.

"Okay so all the important stuff, We will have to decide on a story to make your wedding believable, so basically we will be lying."

"Oh" Win said, wondering what they would have to say.

"Yeah, so I was thinking we could meet today- no tomorrow evening and discuss things, before fixing the day for the press conference. What do you say boys?" Father asked, as he rustled through more papers.

"That's fine with me," Win replied.

"Me too." Bright answered, running a hand through his hair.

"Okay then, I will go." Father said into the phone, he paused for a second. "Take care of yourself okay, it's going to be fine. I care about you both." and then it was silent as the call cut.

Bright heaved a heavy lump of air, tilting his head up. With the sunlight Win could see the expression of relief clearly.

"Phi, you okay?" Win asked tentatively when he noticed the tear gathering at the corner of Bright's eye.

"Yeah, yeah I am fine, I was just..." Bright chokes off, looking away as if to hide his face. "I thought he hated me."

"Why would dad hate you?" Win chuckled, his hand rubbing Bright's back.

"Tu did run away from our wedding." Bright huffed, his voice sounding more strained than it ever had before.

"Phi..." Win whispered, not knowing what to say. So he did the only thing he could think of, he wrapped his arms around Bright and pulled him into a hug.

He thought Bright might resist or crack some joke before pulling away so he was very surprised when Bright almost sank into it, even turning into the hold and leaning his head on Win's shoulder. Win smiled to himself as he patted Bright's back in a there-there fashion.

He felt his shoulders getting slightly wet, but he made no move to even acknowledge it, if Bright wanted to talk about it, he would talk about it on his own. Until then, Win was going to sit here quietly and help him let it all out.

"Win?" Bright said after a while.

"Yeah?" Win asked softly, afraid of startling the other.

"Please don't disappear again."

Win felt his heart crumble as his lips quivered, but he held himself back. No more crying.

He moved his hand from around Bright's torso to his head, holding him closer as he nodded.

"I won't."

Notes:

I hope you guys like this chapter !!!

Win is gonna take a more assertive role, well as assertive as I can make him, so let's see hehe <3