Bright Is Warm

Win woke up a few hours later, as he opened his eyes the first thing he saw was Bright's sleeping face, the other must have been tired too. But here he was creating more trouble for him, he was such a nuisance for Bright, maybe that was the reason Bright never returned his feelings.

He sighed as went to get up but was held by an arm thrown over his torso. His heart clenched as he looked at Bright again, it wasn't a new thing they had often slept together as kids, he had always been a clingy one, but now it felt foreign and made his heart beat faster. So he laid there basking the warmth that Bright always showered him with. Many people liked to joke that even though his name was Bright he was cold, but Win could never agree. Bright wasn't bright but he was warm, he may not be very loud or cheerful but was always comforting. No matter what he would always be there by his side and protect him, hug him when he needed comfort, he even wiped his tears after a particularly bad breakup.

P'Bright was perfect in every sense, he was so warm and bright with his love that at times it made Win's eyes hurt. It hurt him because he knew he wasn't the one Bright loved and he most definitely would never be but maybe, just maybe. He could be the friend Bright was for him, just maybe he could support Bright the way Bright supported him, just maybe he wouldn't be selfish.

"Win" Bright groaned as he opened his eyes, jumping a little as he saw his Nong looking at him with weirdly determined eyes, he couldn't help but wonder if Win was overthinking again.

"Phi," Win whispered, his stare not receding.

"You okay?" Bright asked, his hand automatically going to Win's head. He didn't bother holding back the smile on his lips as he watched Win lean into the hand, the boy could definitely use the good vibes.

"You are really warm," Win said as an afterthought, his voice sounding heavy with emotions Bright couldn't understand, "So warm phi, sometimes I wonder if it would burn."

"What?" Bright asked, surprised, he looked at Win's face trying to decipher what he meant. The face was blank though and his eyes closed. Bright breathed in deeply as he thought about the right words to say and eventually settled for, "I don't want you to burn." he hoped it provided the boy some comfort.

Win simply smiled and got up, walking out of the room before Bright could even react.

"Oye, where are you going?" Bright questioned, panicking. Had he said the wrong words after all?

"I am tired of lying down, want to hit the gym for a bit." Win replied, a fake smile dancing on his face.

"Oh okay." Bright smiled back as he laid back down, staring at the ceiling. He listened to the rustling before Win left the house. His smile disappeared, guilt filling his heart as he thought back to the last three days.

He had messed everything up, if only he had used his brain and stood strong from the start. Things wouldn't be the way they were right now.

IT'S TOO COLD FOR YOU HERE

Bright looked at the name flashing on his phone as it rang.

He really was the worst.

X

Win panted as his trainer told him to take ten, he had requested for an extra exerting work out today. Sitting still was doing him no good and working out had always been comforting to him,.

He pulled out his phone and saw five missed calls from his father, he immediately felt a rush of hope and despair at the same time, praying that it was some happy news he dialed his father's number.

"Hello!" His father picked up on the second ring.

"Yes dad?" Win asked, his fingers crossed. "Any news on Tu?"

"Sorry son," Win felt his heart fall, "but no, there's some other problems though."

"What is it dad, are you guys okay?"

"Yeah we are fine, but you and Bright shouldn't leave the house for some days."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"The media is going to be hounding you, so it's better you stay hidden. They don't know of the new house you both moved in and it's better to keep it that way."

"Oh okay."

"Win, trust me okay. Your father will find your sister yeah."

"I do trust you dad."

"Good, just take care of yourself."

"I will."

"Bye son."

"Bye dad"

Win sighed, as he kept the phone down. His head in his hands, he was really thankful for his trainer, he hadn't questioned anything and to be honest Win had even forgotten about the worries, but everything seemed to be flooding back in.

He felt his phone ping, looking down he saw the message.

P'Bright :

I am here to pick you up.

Oh. P'Bright was here. He felt his shoulders sag as a warm feeling took over his body. He will be fine, he was going to be strong for everyone, strong for P'Bright, strong for his parents and strong for his sister.

X

Notes:

Hope y'all liked it, I will try to make the next chapters longer. having a bit of Writer's block with this fic hehe.