BUCKY BARNES

Title- Overprotective Defender.

TW: mentions of dead names- (d/n), potential dysphoria, and slight language.

(d/n)- deadname
-----------------------

Today was one of those rare moments when it was just Bucky and me. Everything had been so hectic in the past months that we haven't had time to ourselves.

We were currently walking in the park. Not much was said between us, but just holding hands in the silence was enough.

As we're walking, I see an old high school friend. Usually, you would go up to them and greet them with your arms open, but that wasn't the case.

I came out publicly in my senior year; most people just didn't understand. This friend, Chris, didn't try to understand me and my decisions. He practically shunned me.

I shrink beside Bucky, trying my best to become invisible. This only causes him to look down with worried eyes.

"Are you okay?" He quietly asks.

"Yeah, let's just keep walking," I say just as quietly.

Still concerned, he nods his head slowly and gently squeezes my hand.

We were almost past Chris when I here "(d/n), is that you?"

Crap

I freeze in my tracks and feel the dysphoria begin. I had told Bucky my (d/n) after a few years of knowing him. As he heard the name, he looks at me concernedly.

We both turn around, and I make eye contact with Chris. I can feel my stomach start to clench.

"Hey Chris, how have you been," I say, not correcting him.

He begins with "I've been good (d/n) what about-" but is cut off by Bucky.

"His name is (y/n)," He says sternly. I feel a small, shy smile play on my lips.

"What?" Chris asks confused, he stares me up and down, making me even more dysphoric.

"I said his name is (y/n)" This time, it was harsher.

"You may be able to change your name, but you can't change your gender (d/n)," Chris mocks.

I feel Bucky's hand squeeze against mine tightly, causing me to look up at him.

The glare in his eyes was enough for my jaw to drop. But then I heard him growl. Never in my life had I seen him this mad.

If I wasn't scared to death that he might kill Chris. I would say he looks hot.

He started moving slowly towards Chris. I grab his arm and try my best to maneuver my other arm around his waist.

I didn't care about Chris; in fact, I'm half tempted to let Bucky do as he pleases. However, I didn't want him to go back to his past self.

"Bucky, don't," I plead.

He continues to walk as if I weigh nothing.

I squeeze hold of his shirt, "Baby, please," I say gently.

He stops this time and looks back at me. He sighs when he sees the worry in my eyes.

He mumbles something inaudible and turns around. He wraps his arm around my waist and begins to walk away from Chris.

I sigh in relief and begin walking at his pace.

"That's what I thought," Chris says triumphantly.

If he would have kept his mouth shut, then all would have been fine.

Instead, Bucky whips around and punches him in the face. Chris fell to the pavement with a thud. It all happened so fast that the only thing I could do was jump out of surprise.

Bucky crouches down to Chris's level, getting right in his face.

"I'm going to say this once. If I ever see you near my boyfriend again, you're dead," Bucky says aggressively.

Even though it was a death threat, I feel my heart flutter at his words.

With that, Chris nods and staggers off. Bucky turns back around. I stare up at him in pure shock.

He gently kisses my forehead and takes my hand in his.

"I love you so much. I'm sorry if I seemed out of control; but, I couldn't just do nothing when he talked about you like that. You are a handsome man, my handsome man," he says softly

I smile and kiss him.

I wanted to thank you guys so much for 4k reads. I appreciate all of you guys. The next chapter will be Tony!

Remember, you are loved ❤️