⚜6⚜

Curious

☽✧ ✦ ✧☾

Namjoon made his way up the staircase, coming to face the door to the Ravenclaw common room. 

"How can you take two from five and leave four?" The eagle on the door asked.

"Five, if you take away the F and the E you'll be left with IV," Namjoon answered as the door swung open. The Ravenclaw common room was very open, with blue chairs seated at tables. Bookshelves lined the walls, with large arched windows. 

"Hello, Namjoon." Jin waved before turning back to Wendy. "Pawn to C-5." He said as the pawn then moved forward and destroyed Wendy's pawn.

Namjoon rolled his eyes. "Playing chess again?" He asked.

Wendy sighed as she surveyed the board. "Knight to G-3." She said.

"Yeah, it's fun, maybe if you weren't studying all the time you should play," Jin suggested. "Bishop to B-4."

"You should study more too," Namjoon told.

"Castle to H-7," Wendy said taking out Jin's piece. 

Jin chuckled. "What do you mean? I do study!"

"I mean in the unrestricted section of the library." Namjoon pointed out.

Jin rolled his eyes. "Pawn to D-3." He said. "That's no fun. You learn much more interesting things in the restricted section. Regular subjects are boring." 

"Things in the restricted section are there for a reason." Namjoon pointed out warily.

"Are you just upset because you're bad at chess?" Jin joked.

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows. "I am not!"

"Prove it."

"You could have checked Wendy two moves ago by moving your Queen to C-8," Namjoon told before striding off to his dorm up the stairs.

Jin whirled around to look to see if Namjoon was right but Wendy had already got his king with her bishop. "Wooo!" She cheered, taking out her wand to repair the pieces. 

"Damn..." Jin muttered as he bid Wendy a good day and ran up the stairs. 

Namjoon smirked as he looked up from the desk near his bed. "So, you realized your mistake?"

Jin groaned. "Yes, whatever... You aren't going to make me stop going to the restricted section though." He muttered looking at the books hidden under his mattress.

"What is of decent value there?" Namjoon asked.

"Oh look at this!" Jin said gladly taking out a book. 

Namjoon squinted at the page Jin flipped to. "Love potions? What's so interesting about that?" 

Jin smiled. "It's just interesting they exist. Someone went out of their way to make it. Although the ministry banned them on the count of being unethical to force someone's feelings without their knowledge." He said turning the page.

"You don't plan on making one do you?" Namjoon said, his voice laced with concern.

"NO!" Jin quickly assured. "But look, it's said to smell different to everyone. What would it smell like to you?" He asked.

Namjoon scrunched up his nose. "I wouldn't know until I smelled it I guess."

"You have to have some idea of what you love." Jin coaxed.

"Well, what do you love?" Namjoon changed the subject.

"I love... kimchi, cold noodles, sweet stuff." Jin shrugged. "So I'd assume it would smell like that."

Namjoon sighed. "Of course it would smell like food to you... Well, I like the smell of new books."

"And of course it would smell like books to you." Jin echoed the younger. 

"You should work on your muggle studies, there is a reason you didn't get an O on your O.W.L's in it," Namjoon said taking Jin's book and giving him a different one.

Jin grimaced at the muggle studies book. "You only got an O on muggle studies because you're mom's a muggle."

"No! Muggle's from a wizard perspective is so interesting!" Namjoon defended.

Jin looked less than impressed. "They're muggles... How interesting can they be?"

"I like the way wizards describe how muggles compensate for the lack of magic with technology," Namjoon said pointing at Jin's book again.

"Well, sorry to take you away from your muggle studies but it's time for herbology with the Hufflepuffs," Jin said quickly gathering his things. Namjoon was already head down the staircase.

Jin waited outside the greenhouse seeing Namjoon round the corner with a shocked expression. "How did you get here so fast? You left after me and I never saw you!" Namjoon said.

"I have my secrets." Jin smiled as they entered the greenhouse. 

After class, they went to the great hall for food, it was much more common to mingle among houses and Jin liked sitting with Hoseok at the Hufflepuff table. Plus something interesting was happening as a crowd of students gathered around his fellow prefect. 

"What's going on?" Jin asked.

"I found a cat just wandering around the castle. I'm not sure if he's anyone's pet. Do you know anyone with a cat like this?" Hoseok held up the cat that was in his arms.

Jin shook his head. "Not in Ravenclaw house." He said scratching the cat's chin.

Seulgi cooed as she took the cat from Hoseok. "If an owner doesn't come forward can I keep him?"

"I found him." Hoseok defended.

"He can just stay in the common room until we figure out his owner. I don't mind." Sana said taking the cat from Seulgi before passing him to Momo. 

Momo held the cat like Simba. "THE HUFFLEPUFF HOUSE CAT!" She declared. 

"We still haven't found an owner though." Jin pointed out taking the cat from Dahyun. The animal had attracted nearly every girl from Hufflepuff house. "He looks very unique. Look at his little white ears." 

"It's that a rare Karpati pattern?" Namjoon questioned from behind Jin which made the old jump at the unexpected guest.

"OH MY GOD, THE HUFFLEPUFFS HAVE A CAT!" Jimin yelled making the other two houses that weren't present rush across the great hall to crowd the table. 

The cat wiggled from Jin's grasp as he walked back over to Hoseok, jumping in his lap and curling up comfortably. 

"Awwwwwwww" The whole crowd collectively let out. 

"But does he belong to anyone?" Hoseok asked running his fingers through the cat's black pelt.

Everyone murmured and looked between each other before shaking their heads. 

"Hufflepuff house cat!" Jinwoo repeated as the rest of the Hufflepuffs agreed to adopt the cat. 

Namjoon looked at the cat carefully. White ears on his head and little rings of white around his paws. Pink nose and brown eyes. Namjoon took the cat as he stared into the animal's eyes. He wasn't sure how long he stared into the cat's eyes.

Although, the longer he stared the more uncomfortable the cat seemed as he leaped back to the safety of Hoseok's arms. 

"Curious..." Namjoon muttered before finally leaving the cat alone to the safety of the Hufflepuffs. 

☽✧ ✦ ✧☾

What house would Wonho be in? Asking for a friend... Literally-

But I bet Hyungwon is in Hufflepuff he's so soft and 🥺