❖10❖

Thestral

☽✧ ✦ ✧☾

Taehyung closed his book with a hum, happy to finally have completed his assignment. "I'm going to check on the creatures. Wanna come?" He asked Jungkook.

The younger shook his head. "It's fine." He told simply. "I'll pass."

Taehyung raised an eyebrow as he shuffled backward. "Uhh? What?" He asked, dumbfounded.

"Not interested." Jungkook hummed keeping his eyes glued to the book.

"Is everything okay?" Taehyung asked carefully. 

"Why wouldn't it be?" Jungkook asked, although he still didn't turn to face Taehyung.

Taehyung tilted his head. "You've been acting weird ever since we got back from Hogsmeade." He stated, where there was no room to argue. It was very clear to him something was bothering the younger, what that thing was is the question. 

Jungkook slammed his book closed. "I'm fine Taehyung, let it be!" He gritted out before leaving. Storming down the hallways of the castle before coming to a stop out by the courtyard. 

Glancing over to see Taehyung making his way past the greenhouse. Sighing as he watched his friend make it off to the forbidden forest. Although he narrowed his eyes again as he saw Jimin and his crew of 'Slytherin henchmen' following him. Jungkook sighed and turned away, maybe he'd hang out with the Ravenclaw's instead.

Taehyung sat on the forest floor. Rubbing at the feathers of the occamy-like creature. "How are you?" He asked as they preened their feathers. "Well, glad to see you're doing good then." 

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, thinking back to Jungkook. He really wasn't sure why he was acting so weird. Something must have happened at Hogsmeade. He highly doubted the Ravenclaw's or the Hufflepuff's did something to set him off. The quidditch team? Hmm... Still unlikely.

So that left...

Himself.

"What did I do wrong?" Taehyung questioned as he pulled his knees close to his chest. 

The creature nudged Taehyung's shoulder, letting out a squawk-like noise. 

Taehyung chuckled. "I really need a name for you. Uhh... Julia?"

The creature ruffled its feathers.

"No? Uhhh... Alison?" 

Another ruffle of feathers.

"Mona?" Taehyung suggested, there wasn't an immediate reaction this time. However, the creature eventually ruffled its feathers. "Becky?"

This time Taehyung received a harsh peck to his fingers.

"OUCH! How about Pecky instead? Yeesh..." Taehyung complained placing his lips against the wound and shaking it off.