Pathetic

Type: Angsty/Edgy
Ship: Kagaya x Muzan.
AU: Reversed AU
.
.
.
----

"Awe, you're not withering away yet are you?" A taunting voice ringed in Muzans ears as he laid on his bed. Bandages wrapped around his sore and blistering face, his body ached and head was pounding off the wall. Painfully, he opened his eyes. His pale pink ones looking up into a pair of vibrant purple eyes, hair flowing in the wind as the door was cracked open with a taunting smirk that followed. 
"Kagaya...I'm tired.." Muzan whispered out weakly, before starting to cough loudly and roll onto his side, wheezing for air. "G-get out..I'm tired..I want to rest.." he said in a weak and raspy voice. But Kagaya chuckled gently and put his shoes to the side and knelt down next to him.
"I would turn you into a demon, but your weak and frail body wouldnt be able to withstand it. And you'd die even quicker." Kagaya cooed out gently, looking at the blood dripping from Muzans mouth with a satisfied smirk. "Is tonight the night you finally go? After hm, what? 28 years? Honestly I forget, your bloodline is so weak all I know is you all die in a blink of an eye." He continued to taunt, softly tapping his own bottom lip with a sharpened nail. 

Muzan gagged and threw up a pile of blood, holding his stomach as he twitched and tensed under the slightest of changes. His eyes were full of tears from how hard he was struggling to breath and from trying to stop the gagging. "P-please...if tonight is the night. I want to go in peace.." he pleaded, he had no wife. No children, no more pillars for Kagaya had either killed them or turned them into demons. Muzan was truly alone. 
"Dont you want company for your last moments?" Kagaya insisted in that taunting and venomous voice.
"No...not from the likes of you.." muzan wheezed out lowly, shakily lying back onto his back. His chest felt like it was about to collapse, he couldnt feel his fingers or toes. He didnt have any spark of energy or strength anymore to move.

"Why dont I end this quickly for you?" Kagaya asked, humming lowly. But Muzan shook his head weakly, feeling a river of blood leaving his lips and running down his neck.
"No...I dont want to be killed..I want to die naturally...death is natural, I have accepted my faith.." the sickly man whispered quietly, staring up at the plain ceiling. Kagaya raised an eyebrow, before laughing lowly "god, you humans are so pathetic. Sometimes it makes me feel bad. But then I remember, humans feel no remorse for killing demons. So why should I feel the same about a humans death." The demon lord purred out, running a claw down his cheek, lightly pulling at the bandages, which made Muzan wince. Easily, his sharp nails managed to cut the bloody bandages off. He watched as they fell onto the pillow and revealed Muzans blistered face that was purple and brusinf up more by the minute.

"My. You used to be so pretty, I used to be attracted to you. But now, now you're absolutely hideous. I'm glad I used you in your teens, you had perfect skin and vibrant red eyes. But now look at you, you're wilting away like a dying rose." Kagaya hummed lowly, muzan teared up at the memories. It was true, he always gave himself up to the demon. Making deals to give up his body in order to protect his pillars. To keep them alive, but...it was all in vain at the end of the day. Muzan let out a silent cry and closed his eyes, he felt his heart slowing down and body get heavier and heavier. He wish he could go in silence, but all these things Kagaya was saying. It was making him sad, making him feel an unbearable amount of guilt that he'd have to carry in his last moments on the world..

"Kyojuro...s-shinobu....giyuu...I'm sorry.." Muzan whispered out softly, naming the pillars that had lost to Kagaya. Tears rolled down his face. His breathing slowly stopping and body becoming still. He was finally gone. Kagaya stared at hin for a moment and reached over, closing Muzans eyes gently.
"I'll never understand humans, the pain you put yourselves through to make sure someone else is okay. Why do that when you will just die, you don't gain anything." He spoke, reaching down and pulling the blanket over Muzams face. "The history of the demon slayers is over. We won, Muzan." Kagaya finished off his sentence and got up, slipping his shoes back on. He took one more glance at the body before putting on his hat and closing the door.
If you were there, all you could hear were Kagayas footsteps leaving the once beautiful Hiroshira grounds.

----
A/N
This hurt to write.
Why do I do this to myself.
😭😭