puppy love.

This is a ship I often do not see, and I think it needs more appreciation^^ .
.
.
Art credit: Unknown.
.
.
Ship: Genya x Senjuro
Type: Floofy
AU: Demon slayer.
.
.
----

Senjuro softly bandaged up genyas cheek. The young slayer came here looking for sanemi and rengoku, turns out they were on a mission together and senjuro noticed how scratched up he looked, so he offered to patch him up, he didnt mind it always happened, especially with a very careless and explosive rengoku. 
"So how have your missions been going, Genya?" Senjuro asked, they were pretty good friends since both their brothers were slayers and often worked together.  "Well ehh..I'm alive so I guess it's been going pretty good." Genya purred out lowly, leaning into senjuros touch subconsciously. The young rengoku just had such a relaxing presence to him. It just made all his worries somehow melt away.

"I'm glad to hear that, I worry about you guys alot. I just pray that everyone comes home safely. And you're all done, it was just a few scratches. But you're tough, you'll be okay!" Senjuro purred out, a kind and gentle smile on his face, causing the slayer infront of him to blush softly. How can someone be this cute? He wondered. "T-...thank you, senjuro." Genya mumbled gently, both their eyes locking softly, now causing senjuro to blush himself. "Welllll..um, would you like to stay for dinner? My father never leaves his room unfortunately so I'm often alone if nii-san isn't home." Senjuro said with a gentle laugh and smile. "Oh! I'd love too!" Genya quickly responded as he got up and helped the smaller blonde up as well.

Senjuro smiled and walked inside, closing the door behind him. "Um what do you like, in food terms?" Senjuro asked, grabbing some pots and pans. "Oh I'm not very picky. But I do love peach buns and spring rolls." Genya said softly, rolling up his sleeves so he can help as well. "Oh those are simple, I can have those ready in an hour!" Senjuro chirped, grabbing some ingredients for handmade dough and some peach filling. "What can I do to help?" Genya asked softly. "Oh well- I never usually need help. But it would be nice, um would you mind preparing the steak and lettuce for the spring rolls?" The blonde asked, in which Genya smiled and nodded.

A few minutes had passed, senjuro looked over genyas shoulder. To see that he was slightly struggling to not burn the steak. It made senjuro giggle softly, reaching softly and putting his hand over genyas "it's okay, Genya. Don't over think it. 2 minutes on each side for medium. 4 minutes for well done." He explained, genya looked at their hands, his face quickly becoming warm. "I..thanks..you're a good cook, senjuro!" He said, turning to him and smiling. "A-ah! Thank you so much!" Senjuro quickly thanked him, giggling gently. The two young men laughed softly and went back to cooking, having small chat with each other.

Soon, dinner was done. Senjuro had bought his father his dinner plate before going to the dining area and sitting on his knees next to Genya. "Would you like to say a small prayer?" Senjuro suggested, tilting his head. Genya chuckled and nodded, smiling. "Sure, I'd love too." With that, senjuro gently grabbed and held genyas hands before closing his eyes, as well as Genya. "Great gods, please watch over our loved ones and to all the demon slayers. May you bring Mr. Ubuyashiki peace once he passes and for Genyas old brother peace instead of anger and for my very reckless brother to come home safe from dangers. Amen." Senjuro purred deeply. "Yeah, Amen." Genya said, opening his eyes and smiling towards senjuro, who smiled back.

"You may eat! Enjoy yourself!" Senjuro said with a soft smile, grabbing his chopsticks and beginning to eat a peach bun. Genya hesitated but smiled and grabbed a steal spring roll and began soft happily eat, senjuro did know how seasonings. "What do you like to do? Outside of demon slaying?" Senjuro asked, making Genya perk up slightly, with a confused look, because he didn't know himself. "I um..I dont really do anything outside of slaying. I just continue training to get stronger and better, to make my nii-san proud." Genya said honestly. "Oh that's understandable. I like to cook and sometimes paint good luck notes for big brother." Senjuro said, his eyes getting wide and he smiled wide "maybe we can make a good luck charm for your brother!" He suggested, Genya looked down and shrugged, Sanemi was usually mean and rough on him. So he doesnt really know if sanemi would even like it.

"I um...I dont know..my nii-san doesn't really take anything I give him..he'll usually throw it back at me or toss it." Genya said with a soft sigh. Senjuro put down his chopsticks and grabbed genyas hands and interlocked their fingers with a cheerful smile. "It never hurts to try!" He chirped. "I-i...okay..I guess you're right.." genya admitted, looking away with a deep blush. "Great! Let's finish up eating and we can get started!" Senjuro was really excited to do this craft with his friend, he wanted to cheer him up.

After they were finished eating, senjuro took Genya to his room where the crafts laid. He got on his knees, grabbing a wooden box with a few paints. "I have a few different charms. Theres a dove, a lion, a dog, even a koi fish!" Senjuro explained, opening the box to reveal the plain wooden charms. Leaving genya to pick whichever he'd like. Genya was a little puzzled at he stared at the charms "um..." he reached down and gently picked up the small dog charm. "We have a dog..so I think he'd like this one..?" He slightly questioned while senjuro closed the box and smiled. "I think he'll love it!" He added to brighten the mood. It made genyas regret become more and more less. "I have some green paints, blue, pink and red, some yellow." Senjuro said, grabbing the small jars of paint and laying them out infront of Genya along with different brushes.

"Um..thank you..senjuro? Why are you doing this?" Genya asked, he was never offered such kindness since people were always intimidated by either his size or looks. "Well you're my friend! and I care alot about you Genya! You may look mean to others but I think you look nice!" Senjuro cooed, reaching up and rubbing genyas head softly, causing the other to gasp and look at him. Their faces barely inches apart from each other. "I-...that's..the nicest thing anyone has said to me.." genya admitted, senjuro smiled, his hand trailing down to genyas cheek, it was so warm. Kinda comforting to senjuro. 

"I care alot about you, your really nice and fun to be around." Senjuro said softly, giving a gentle giggle at the end of his sentence, genya reached up and put his hand over senjuros and leaned into his touch, softly pressing his lips to the palm of senjuros hand, making the blonde blush just as deep as Genya was currently. His thumb gently rubbed against genyas bottom lip, making him kiss the tip of his thumb gently before intertwining their fingers. Finally, the demon slayer lifted his head from senjuros hand and leaned over, both teens pressing their heads against each other before senjuro made the bold move and connected their lips softly and closed his eyes, enjoying the warmth the kiss was giving off.

Genya relaxed, kissing back as he held senjuros hand tightly in his own larger hand, softly pulling him over and putting his other hand on the blondes back and deepen the kiss slightly. Senjuro tilted his head to the side so he can do so, letting go of genyas hand and wrapping his arms around the other neck. A few seconds passed before both of them separated and looked at each other, blushing deeply. 
"...that was nice..really nice.." senjuro said, breaking the silence. Looking up at Genya who eyed his lips again and nodded with a gentle smile. "Yeah, that it was." He said softly. "We should do it more often...you know...like a couple.." he added sheepishly. Senjuro laughed softly "Genya Shinugazawa. Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?" He asked, a happy grin on his face. Genya smiled and nodded.

"Do you accept?"

"Of course I do, Genya." And with that, senjuro leaned up and kissed the other once more.
.
.
.
----
A/N
So floofy. I needed it and I hope you enjoyed it!  Feel free to request!