【six】

chapter six » what the hell is disco?

"HELLO, Mrs.Lewis, is Christina here?" Christina heard an innocent voice asked. She stood by the bottom of the step, watching her mother stand at the door, speaking with the visitor.

"Yes, she's here. Tina-" She called out, but stopped when she looked back at her daughter, "Someone's here to see you."

Christina furrowed her brows and walked up to her mom only to see Jackie at her doorstep, "Hey, Chrissy!"

Christina gave an awkward smile at the nickname, "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"I just came by to ask you if you could come to our sleepover tonight?" She asked but then look at Kim, "If only you approve, Mrs.Lewis?"

Kim raised a brow, "'Sleepover'? What kind of sleepover and with who?"

"Well, it's just us staying in and watching films all night and only our friend, Donna, and I will be hosting it right across the street. Just us girls," Jackie simply explained, the lie she told easily slipping past her lips, "And we thought since Chrissy is new, we want to spend more time with her. Her mom will be watching us, of course."

Christina turned to her mom, watching her think of an answer to give, "Can I?"

Kim met her eyes and hesitantly nodded, "Yes, but don't leave the house and be back here in the morning, alright? And no more crazy things."

Jackie clapped, watching Kim walk off towards the kitchen, "Yay, I get to dress you up! Come on!"

She turned on her heels and walked towards the sidewalk as Christina yelled out to her mom, slipping on her shoes, "I'll be back later, mama!"

She hurriedly closed the door and caught up to Jackie as they walked towards Donna's, "Are we really having a sleepover?"

"Nope, where are going dancing, everyone is going and Eric will be driving us," Jackie responded, "Your mother doesn't seem like the type to just let you be around anyone." And she wasn't- at least, not anymore. Thankfully, Christina didn't get caught sneaking out the other night because she knew her mother would had made her never see the outside world again. She was also glad they were going out because she didn't think she could handle being inside any longer.

They walked inside of Donna's place without knocking, which was odd to Christina causing her to call out for Donna, "Donna?"

"Wow," Donna said, popping her head out of the kitchen, "I honestly didn't believe your mom would voluntarily let you leave your house."

"It's only because I told her mom we were having a sleepover," Jackie shrugged, "Last thing we need is her calling the cops, thinking her daughter is missing." Donna hummed before she lead the girls to her room, which had a majority of Jackie's clothes strewn around the bed, "Because I'm convinced we are the same size, I chose to lend you a few options to wear tonight."

"And if we aren't?" Christina amusingly asked Jackie, watching her appraisal turn into confusion.

"Well," She paused, soon placing her hands on her hips sassily, "Well, I'm not going to let you stretch out my clothes, Donna's already done that to three of my tops."