Chapter Fifteen

Mathias' POV

I walked inside after being welcomed by Maddie. Zavian was sprawled out on the couch on his phone. He lifted his eyes up off the screen and saw me standing in the doorway.

"What's up man?" He smirked knowing exactly why I was here. I just rolled my eyes and straight up asked where My girlfriend was. They pointed upstairs to her room and after bidding them farewell I went straight to her room.

Which after reaching the top of the stairs, I realized I had no clue where I was going. We've been dating for two and a half months. and in that spand of time. I've never once been in her room. It was a bit weird and it kinda stung, because she's been to almost all the rooms in my house.

While I was standing there like an idiot, I started walking around seeing a few family photos of their relatives, about two or three pictures of them and one with both them and their relatives.

I was passing by a room coming towards the end of the hallway when I heard music. Not anything I recognized though.

"You'll never find, no one in this lifetime to love you like I do. So never mind, things that people say that I'll never hurt you.
You'll never find. No one in this lifetime
So never mind, That time and wind" I heard Miracle's beautiful voice coming from behind the door.

I opened the door, quietly standing in the doorway leaning against the white doorframe. I analyzed her room carefully;

Her room was decorated with lilac colored wallpaper, it was filled with posters and quotes on the walls her lights were off as I've come to notice she likes being in the dark.

Others would probably find it weird but I didn't. I often found myself in the dark just thinking and I found it relaxing. My favorite color was black for God's sake! She was sitting on her bed wearing a grey hoodie and light purple shorts. Her hair was in two puffs.

I listened to her singing whilst she completed her homework, waiting on her to notice my presence.

"Baby. Lay your head to rest, baby (baby)
Let just put love to the test, baby
And let love lead the way
If we believe (if we believe)
Join our hearts of mind and souls
Keep us together." She continued to sing.

As I was about to walk towards her I accidentally knocked something. "Heyyy.." I dragged scratching the back of my neck. She looked startled and a little nervous...? "Hey. Your in my room..." She muttered in disbelief

"Uh yea I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with Oliver, Zack, Tyler and me. Tomorrow at my house" I hoped she'd say yes. Even though I kinda just invaded het privacy. "Erm sure" She said distractedly she sat on her bed and allowed me to come sit on her bed.

We sat in awkward silence until we both spoke at the same time I told her to go ahead but she insisted I did first. I was outright with the questions I had about the way she was acting and she stayed quiet before speaking.

"Well I thought you'd think I was wierd, as I know you've noticed I'm extremely wierd: I've never let you in my room, I spend alot of time in the dark..." She went on to explain numerous things she was insecure about.

"Hey hey, your wierd yeah," Her frown deepened. "but your the best weirdo I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know. As I've said before I love your voice. You should sing to me more often. Man, could get use to that."

She blushed "Hey what kind of music is that?" I asked genuinely curious. "That's reggae." She said pausing the music. "Hm. Never heard about that before, it's beautiful though. I think she picked up on my confusion because she began to explain.