Chapter 2

Darling, It's Better, Down Where It's Wetter, Under The Sea

After deciding that sitting around all day, doing nothing was not going to help me grant Annabeth's last wish, I was finally able to snap out of my depressed state.

This meant that I had to spend three hours in the bathroom.

Yup. It was that bad.

However, I managed it.

When I finally came out of my cabin, I started seriously regretting my choice.

It was so Gods darn bright.

"Apo-lo. What did I ever do to you?" I whined in a hoarse whisper. I sounded awful.

"Perrrcy!" The voice of my best friend, Grover, sounded. I spun around, and there he was.

Before I could even say 'Hi' I was crushed in a bear ( or should I say goat?) hug.

"We missed you so much, Christmas just isn't the same without you, and Clarisse is way meaner than you, like, she sent a new camper to the infirmary on their first day, can you believe it? Percy? Percy?"

I had long since zoned out. Christmas? Christmas? How long was I sulking for?

"Grover. What's the date?" I asked, trying to seem calm.

"Ok, don't freak out, but..." He was definitely making it hard not to, I could feel my heartbeat speeding up. "It's January 13th." Grover said this so fast I barely understood, but still, it was enough.

Next thing I knew, I was having a panic attack.

2 months. I had wasted 2 months of my life. Forget Hera, I could do her job just as well. Annabeth would kill me if she knew.

Annabeth...

I didn't want Grover to worry, so I put the sad thoughts to the back of my mind.

It took my fifteen minutes to calm down, and once I did, I began to plan out the following days.

1. Tell Chiron I was OK.

2. Ask my dad to train me.

3. Save.. People?

It sounded better in my head.

Making sure Grover knew I was fine, I went to complete task number one.

It didn't take long and wasn't very exciting, as Chiron seemed to be expecting my visit. I informed him I was leaving for my dad's palace and asked him to keep it on the down-low for a while. He agreed, thankfully.

Running back to Cabin three, I realized I was horribly out of shape. My muscles had shrunk like a balloon when you blow it up and then let go.

That's always fun, the sound's the best bit. The Pfuuuuu as it flies round the room smacking people in the face. Hilarious.

But that's completely irrelevant. Why was I talking about it again?

Oh yeah.

I no longer had a six pack or a nice tan. I was skinny and pale, a bit Nico-y.

I quickly packed all the necessary things, which wasn't a lot, bearing in mind everything I could possibly need was most likely at my next destination.

Trying to be stealthy, I snuck out of the cabin and headed off to the beach. Once there, I jumped right into the clear blue water. Refreshed, I relished in the feeling of safety that the sea gave me.