Chapter 4

The Battle Of Scowls

I did just that - I returned to land.

It didn't take me long to prepare. I only needed my endless bag of Ambrosia and Nectar, some clothes, my weapons and money. My step mom had gifted me another bottomless bag of mortal money and Drachmas.

I tried to refuse, I tried leaving it in my room, but it pulled a Riptide.

Namely - It appeared back in my backpack.

I decide that I wouldn't go back to camp but rather seek out the more dangerous monsters - and then kill them.

If mom knew what I was doing - Gods she'd throw a fit.

But she didn't need to know.

I spent months fighting monsters and banishing them to Tartarus. I had to battle my good ol' friend The minotaur at least a dozen times - does the guy never give up?

How'd he even reform that fast?

Does he just hate me that much?

Never mind.

I fought countless creatures - The Chimera, Hellhounds, Empousai, Cyclopes (I kept having to remind myself that they were not Tyson), Dracaenae, Laistrygonian Giants, even a few Drakons and so many more.

It was beginning to bore me.

Which was why I didn't ignore Hecate.

She had materialized outside of my newly placed tent (I had stolen it off of some Hyperborean Giants, sorry) as the sun started to set. A fire was blazing and I was just about to cook some deer that I had hunted earlier.

I immediately noticed and stood with Riptide out.

"What do you want?" I said clearly, showing that I was not afraid to fight.

"Why does everyone always assume that I'm here to curse or kill them? Why can I not just pop in for a chat? Is it that strange?" The Goddess whined.

"Yes."

"Fair enough, I suppose. Mind if I sit? I have an important issue to discuss."

I nodded, my eyes trained on her as she lowered herself onto the log I had previously sat on.

"So, what do you want?" I repeated.

"I have a quest for you, one that should satisfy your need for adventure... eventually."

I gestured for her to continue.

"You see, in 7 months, a child shall be born." I looked at her, confused. "This child shall be extremely important in my pet world."

"Pet world?" I blurted out. "Do you honestly need your own zoo?" She rolled her eyes at me them proceeded to pretend I had never spoken.

" My pet world is the world of Magic, no, not Godly magic, but rather witchcraft and wizardry. Witches and wizards-"

"Pointy hat type of wizards? Fly around on a broomstick type of witches? Black cat, shattered mirror 'I will curse you' type of witch? Long purple cape with stars on it type of folk? Bibbity bobbity boo? Abracadabra? Hocus Pocus?" I interrupted.

Frowning at my antics, Hecate continued to explain.

"As I was saying, Witches and Wizards are mortals who come from a magic family or are blessed by me. Of course, they all start out the latter way. So the 'Pureblood' mumbo jumbo is just them thinking they are better than everyone else." She huffed. "The magic folk live mainly in the UK although there are some here in America too, and other places. In Scotland, there is a school called Hogwarts-" She was interrupted once again by a burst of laughter coming from me.

Looking even more annoyed, Hecate muttered something that sounded vaguely like 'Silence you' under her breath. I was probably not meant to hear it, but with my enhanced senses, I could.

Quickly, my laughter stopped even though I was still laughing. I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion - how?

Smirking triumphantly, the goddess resumed her extremely long and boring explanation.

I didn't listen to much of it but I vaguely understood what was going on. I think she said something along the lines of:

'A boy will be part of a prophecy and spend ages trying to kill the bad guy'

Been there, done that- well it didn't take me long, but it's alright, take your time Mr Wizard Guy.

'He shall attend the school'

Hogwarts - What. A. Name.

I really need to meet whoever decided to name it that. I wouldn't be surprised if they were 'helped' by a child of Hermes.

'You will become his twin'

Ok-

"Wait what?" I exclaimed. The spell must have worn off, or maybe she got rid of it? "Didn't you say he was, like, minus eight months old?" I looked at Hecate with Wide eyes.

"Yes, which is exactly why it's the perfect opportunity." She looked smug, as if my sudden outburst pleased her.

Rude, much.

"He will face many challenges, and you will protect him. You will however change the course of action a tad bit, but you shall be saving lives, if  you agree of course." She smiled widely, seemingly innocent.

She knew that I would do everything to prevent as many deaths as possible.

"Fine, I'll do it." I ignored the glee present on her face and instead scowled.

"Great! You will leave tomorrow. 9am sharp, so be ready. I shall insert a bit of your magic into your new mother, so that she thinks she will be having twins. The magic will form into a child and look exactly as you did as a new-born. However, you will be able to roam the land freely, until you are born, of course."

I never thought I'd hear that come out of a sane (I think) person's mouth.

"Your memories shall remain, but you must pretend to be ordinary. During the next few months, I will train you in wandless magic, which will come much easier to you then normal magic. In order for this to happen though, I must bless you-"

"Who sneezed?" I chimed in.

She scowled once again.

"This may hurt." Hecate smirked.

Uh oh-

A searing pain erupted from my heart and I felt like I was melting. It lasted two seconds but felt like eternity. I blinked back a tear that threatened to fall as a faint aura glittered around me.

It was my turn to scowl. And scowl I did. Very menacingly of course.

"I'll leave now. Pack and sleep. Tomorrow shall be difficult." The goddess flashed away.

I had a millisecond to turn around, otherwise she wouldn't have anyone to mentor.

I trudged into my tent, deciding to sleep first then get my stuff together tomorrow.

My deer was long forgotten.

Words: 1077