Bonfire

-------

-------

Newt and the Greenie sat beside each other away from the bonfire.

"Hell of a first day greenie." Newt said. "Here. Put some hair on your chest." Newt handed him a drink. The Greenie took a sip and immediately spit it out.

"Oh my god. What is that?" he coughed.

Newt laughed. "I don't even know. It's Gally's recipe. It's a trade secret." they looked over at the fighting ring where Gally and Davina were wrestling.

"Yeah, well he's still a jerk." Greenie muttered.

"He saved your life today. Trust me. The maze is a dangerous place." Newt said. He looked over at the Greenie to see him staring at something behind them.

He followed the greenies gaze and saw him staring at Davina. She was walking on a log with her arms spread wide and Chuck right next to her rambling on about something.

"That's Davina." Newt snapped the Greenie out of his gaze.

"What's she like?"

"She's do anything for anybody here, even Gally." Newt said. The Greenie couldn't help but look at her, she was beautiful. And there was something about her that just felt familiar. "Don't even think about it. One of the rules says that nobody can date her or you'll get banished."

"Why?" Greenie asked.

"Some greenie tried to do stuff with her even when she said no. Dumb shank got himself beat up by Minho and then thrown into the maze. Alby made the rule basically to keep her safe."

Davina felt someone's eyes on her and looked over to see the Greenie staring at her. When he saw her looking he quickly looked away. Davina laughed and walked over to him and Newt.

"Hey Newtie." she greeted. She sat behind him on the log and put her legs on either side of him. He leaned back into her as she ran her fingers through his messy hair.

The greenie watched them interact with a confused expression but he just shook it off.

"We're trapped here, aren't we?" he asked.

"For the moment." Newt replied. "But, see those guys? There by the fire?" Newt pointed towards the runners. "Those are the runners. And that guy in the middle there, that's Minho. He's the keeper of the runners."

"And a cocky asshole." Davina mumbled.

"Every morning when those doors open, they run the maze. Mapping it. Memorizing it, trying to find a way out."

"How long have they been looking?" Greenie asked.

"Three years." Davina replied.

"And they haven't found anything?"