Just a Kiss

A group of gladers got the other girl out of the box and brought her to the medjacks hut

Davina went to a different part of the hut and set Alex down on a chair. She kneeled down in front of the little girl while Newt, Thomas, and Minho stood behind her.

"Your name is Alex right?" Davina asked just to be sure. She nodded. "And do you remember me?"

"You're my sister." Alex said quietly. The boys looked at Davina who let out a deep breath.

"Yeah, I am." Davina nodded. They raised their eyebrows at her but didn't say anything. "Can you remember anything else?" she asked.

Alex looked up at the boys with a worried expression.

"It's okay. They're not gonna hurt you. Whatever you say, they won't do anything to you." Davina told her.

Alex brought up a shaky hand and pointed at Thomas. "Him."

"You remember him?" Alex nodded. Davina looked at Thomas who had a confused expression. He crouched down next to Davina and looked at Alex.

"Do you know my name?" he asked her softly.

"Tommy." Alex said. Newt and Minho shared a look. "You took care of me when they sent Vina away. You made sure they didn't take me."

"When who sent Vina away?" Newt asked.

"The bad people." Alex told him. They all looked at each other.

"Okay, do you know how old you are?" Thomas asked her.

"This many." Alex held up four fingers.

Davina ran a hand through her hair. "Do you know the other girl that came up with you?" she asked.

"No. I'm sorry." Alex looked down.

"Hey, you don't have to be sorry." Davina took her tiny hands into her own. "It's okay. We're just trying to figure this out." Alex nodded. "Are you hungry? Maybe we can go get a snack." Davina suggested.

"Yeah." Alex nodded. Davina held out her hand and Alex hopped off of the chair and took it.

They walked out of the hut and Thomas, Newt, and Minho went to see the other girl.

-------

While Davina had been getting Alex food, Thomas and Minho went back into the maze with a small group to check out the dead griever.

They all stood in the homestead as Thomas held out a metal object with the number 7 on it.

"Yeah, we found this." he said. "It was inside a griever."

"These are the same letters we get on our supplies." Davina pointed out.

"Yeah. Whoever put us here obviously made the grievers." Thomas told them. "Now this is the first real clue, the first anything, you've found in over three years. Right, Minho?"

"Right." Minho nodded.

"Newt, we got to go back out there." Thomas said. "Who knows where this might lead us." 

It went silent for a minute before Gally spoke.

"You see what he's trying to do right?" he asked Newt and Davina. "First he breaks our rules and then he tries to convince us to abandon them totally. The rules are the only thing that have ever held us together. Why now are we questioning that? If Alby was here you know he'd agree with me. This shank..." he pointed at Thomas, "needs to be punished."

"You're right." Newt said. "Thomas broke the rules. One night in the pit no food."

"Oh come on, Newt." Gally complained. "One night in the pit, you think that's gonna stop him from going into the maze. Or being with Davina."

"Woah, woah, woah." Davina chuckled dryly. "This has nothing to do with me and him." she motioned between her and Thomas.

"It's against the rules." Gally tried.

"Gally, as far as I can tell, you're the only one that has a problem with it! And it was just one kiss!" she defended. Gally looked at everyone else in the room and they just shrugged and nodded towards Davina's statement. 

"All right." Newt cut in. "We can't just have non runners running into the maze whenever they feel like it. So let's just make this official. Starting from tomorrow you're a runner." he told Thomas. "And we don't care if you have a relationship or whatever with Davina but if she shows any signs of not wanting it or abuse or whatever! You're banished."

"Wow." Gally scoffed and started walking out.

"Gally--"

"Nah Fry." Gally pushed his hand away and left. The others followed behind him.

"Thanks Newt." Thomas mumbled. Newt nodded and followed Minho out of the homestead leaving only Thomas and Davina.

Thomas looked over at Davina who was picking up something that Gally knocked down. She let out a frustrated sigh and put them on a table by the wall. She looked up at him and gave him a forced smile.

"So it was just a kiss?" he asked to break the silence. Davina let out a sigh and stood up.

"No." she scratched the back of her neck. "I-I don't know if you even feel anything for me. I mean we haven't really had time to talk since the kiss."

"Do you regret kissing me?" he asked.

"No." she immediately replied.

"Do you have feelings for me?" he stepped closer to her.

"Yes." she bit the inside of her cheek.

"Good." she looked at him confused but couldn't say anything as he pulled her lips to his. 

She put a hand on the back of his neck while the other stayed on his hip. His hand found it's way to her waist and he tangled his other hand in her hair. Their lips moved in sync and Thomas pulled her close to him as she held his face in her hands. They slowly pulled away and their noses brushed against each other.

"I could get used to that." she smiled. Thomas chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"Me too."

-------