CHAPTER 22

The Air Force helicopters took off once more into the night sky for another round of frantically combing the skies above the Wild Forest as they searched desperately for the missing children.

Victoria stood alone in the centre of the field, her hair flying in the wind from the gust of air produced by the many rotating blades. She had just been briefed by the Air Force Commander about the state of the search. Things were not looking good.

She sighed and turned to make her way back, her mind deep in thought. She entered the guesthouse where she and the other mothers were temporarily staying until they found their sons.

She closed the door tiredly behind her with a soft click, causing the other moms to look eagerly up at her. They sat in sofas around an exquisite glass centre table with varying degrees of hope in their eyes.

Victoria shook her head slowly and the hope died. She moved to sit on one of the couches and folded her hands daintily in her lap. They sat in silence for a while each engulfed in their own thoughts as their minds plagued them with worry.

Charlesetta soon had enough of the depressing silence and turned on the large flat-screen TV in front of the room.

The screen came on to a news channel where the breaking news was ongoing:

'The seven children who were missing from the prestigious Lumière International High School have still not been found. Search operations are still ongoing but officials hold little hope-'

She switched the station.

'We are looking at live pictures from Lumière International High School were Air Force helicopters have just taken into the air for another night of futile searching-'

Another switch.

'The Ashanti Royal Family has declined to comment on the tragic events of the previous days but Manhyia Palace has released a press statement saying that the royal family holds out every hope for the safe recovery of the Crown Prince. We should be aware however that His Royal Highness, the Crown Prince has been missing for more than two days. Should the Ashanti Kingdom prepare for a change in the royal line of succession-'

Another switch.

Jayden Mills, the only son of Roger and Victoria Mills and sole heir to the Mills fortune, estates and power is amongst those missing from Lumière International High School. The Premier Family of the Noble 52 has released a statement declaring that their thoughts, prayers, and well wishes are with the Second Family of the 52. This is not strange as the two most powerful families in the country have enjoyed a close unbreakable bond for the better part of a century. Jayden Mills is not the only sole heir of the Noble 52 amongst the missing students. The son of the Mensah family, Charles Mensah and the son of the Castello family, Cameron Castello are also missing. The ward of the Castellos, Leonardo Ferrars is also amongst the missing children. He was taken in after his family, an ancient member of the 52 died in a tragic fire in their ancestral mansion. Though not the sole or even the first or second heir, Samuel Asamoah, son of the pharmaceutical giants Fredrick and Sandra Asamoah is also among the missing. Are we looking at the end of an era? Will these families of the Noble 52 able to recover from these devastating loss-'

Charlesetta promptly turned the screen off and tossed the remote aside in disgust. 'I'm going to sue every single one of them.'

'You own those media houses,' Lady Sylvia put in calmly.

'They are all fired then,' Charlesetta decided with finality.

'Don't be unreasonable.'

'I'll be as unreasonable as I like,' Charlesetta snapped. 'My son is missing!'