Chapter 18

"Y/n... Y/n get your lazy ass out of bed."

She grumbled and pulled the covers over her head as soon as she recognized Nat's voice in her ear.

"If you don't get out of here-"

"You'll what?" Nat gave her a cocky smirk. "That hangover won't help with whatever it is you were gonna threaten me with."

Y/n rubbed her hand down her face. "Is that what this godawful feeling is?"

"Looks like you and Cyborg had a lot of fun last night." Nat chuckled, sitting on the edge of
Y/n's bed. "It was fun to witness the crabbiest guy here completely wasted, alongside the most innocent girl.

She smushed her pillow into her face and groaned. "God, what the hell was I thinking."

"I'd like to think of it as a second birthday present." Nat snatched the pillow from Y/n's grasp and swung it into her face.

"Hey!"

"Get outta bed. I need a sparring partner."

"Go find Wanda or Maria." Y/n rolled over to face away.

"Wanda's on a mission, and Maria's always busy with S.H.I.E.L.D stuff." This time Nat threw the pillow, causing Y/n to jolt up.

"Super soldier's don't get hangovers Y/n. I'm not stupid." Nat flashed her a playful smile. "You have no excuse."

Y/n let out a sigh and began physically pushing Nat out the door. "Fine, fine. I'll meet you down in fifteen."

She quickly threw on a grey tank top and leggings and made her way to the gym floor. She stopped at the elevator and smirked to herself, recalling the event of a few weeks ago. Much to her surprise, Steve came rushing in just as the doors were about to close. Y/n stuck her hand out to stop them, giving him time to slide in.

"Mornin' Y/n." He nodded.

She threw him a quick smile. "Morning."

They remained in a comfortable silence, with the only audible sound being the low hum of the elevator.

"So..." Steve began. "You sure had a lot of fun last night."

Y/n raised an eyebrow and let out a laugh. "I'd like to say the same for you. You finally asked her out?"

"Yeah." He scratched his head shyly. "We're going out for dinner, then I might take her to Coney Island to see the sunset."

Y/n shook her head as a grin spread onto her lips. "If that's not the most adorable, old-fashioned thing I've ever heard of.

"I know." He chuckled as a rosy tint crept onto his cheeks.

They eventually made it to the gym, where everyone usually separated and did their own individual training. Y/n made her way to Nat, who was stretching just outside of the ring. She smiled and gestured for Y/n to take a seat on the ground. "Come stretch. I don't want you pulling a muscle."

"Yes mom." Y/n replied mockingly, sitting across from her.

She opened her mouth to speak, before hearing a series of grunts coming from the other side of the room. Y/n turned her head to see Bucky furiously beating away at the punching bag.

"What's going on with him?" She heard Sam question as he bench pressed a few feet away from them.

"I'm guessing the alcohol triggered a nightmare or something." Nat muttered to Y/n. "I think I heard Steve go into his room last night."

Y/n felt her heart throb as she noted the anger and frustration in his eyes. "Oh my god."

"Don't worry about him, he'll be fine Y/n." Nat pulled her arm. "C'mon, let's spar and then we can grab breakfast somewhere afterwards."