Ten

Thor entered the room a while after Wanda left, carrying two metal cuffs in his hands.

"These will restrict your magic." He explained, "They can be taken off at any time, but you cannot remove them yourself, so just find someone like me who can help you."

"I won't be able to remove them." Helena echoed.

"I'm sorry. They were designed for Loki." Thor frowned.

"Okay. I will put them on." Helena gulped.

The cell door opened and Thor entered. He gently clasped the cuffs around Helena's wrists. He took her hand in his own and guided her through the facility, weary agents watching them as they left. Once they were outside, he grabbed his hammer in one hand and lifted Helena up with the other.

"Heimdall!" Thor called, facing upwards at the sky.

Thor gripped Helena tighter and there was a blinding flash of light that made her close her eyes. She she opened them again, they were on Asgard. There was gold everywhere, and a man with a large sword and golden eyes.

"Heimdall." Thor greeted.

Heimdall nodded in acknowledgement. Thor started leading Helena to the rainbow bridge, but Heimdall stopped them.

"My apologies Lady Hela." He said, "I was forbidden from speaking of your existence."

Helena blinked.

"Um- what?" She asked, "I'm Helena..."

"I was referring to the name your mother gave you." Heimdall explained, "The Midgardians called you Helena instead of Hela. I can call you that too if you would prefer. After all, your father would recognize the name Hela more than Helena."

"Oh... okay." Helena said, staring down at the floor for a moment, thinking about how there was so much about herself that she didn't know.

Thor gently placed a hand on her shoulder to get her attention and gestured to the bridge. She followed him. There were horses waiting for them on the other side of the bridge. Helena gulped.

"Um, Thor? I don't know how to ride." She spoke up.

"We can go slowly." He offered.

She looked up at the tall horse and tried to mount it. Thor laughed at her futile attempts before walking over and lifting her up onto the animal.

"Thanks." She said, flushing in embarrassment.

The city of Asgard was beautiful, and Helena couldn't help but marvel at that beauty as they rode. There was so much to see on all sides, but they had to continue straight on their journey to the palace. When they reached it, they dismounted their horses, Helena giving hers a little pat after coming to rather like him, and entered the palace.

"Your father is awaiting your arrival, my prince." A guard spoke as they walked by.

Thor nodded as if he had expected this and led the way to the throne room with Helena hurrying to keep up with his long strides. When they the doors to the throne room opened, Helena peeked through to see a magnificent throne with an elderly man with one eye sitting on it, and a smaller throne with a kind looking older woman.

"Stay out here, okay?" Thor asked before entering the room alone. The doors closed, but Helena pressed herself up against one and listened in on the conversation.

"Mother, Father." Thor greeted.

"What is the meaning of this, Thor?" Odin demanded, "I made my decision to banish the girl for a reason."

"Odin." His wife, Frigga said gently.

"I know, but she is innocent. You were wrong to banish her, and now she needs our help." Thor said.

"You question my authority?"

"She was an infant, and Runa died because of your fear!" Thor boomed.

Helena's heart beat began to increase in speed and she glanced down at the cuffs on her wrists to make sure they were still working. They were.

"Runa's death was a tragedy, but she refused to leave the girl and I had no choice!" Odin snapped.

"There's always a choice. You banished her because you were afraid." Thor said.

Odin was silent for a moment.

"The girl cannot stay here." He said.

"She has no where else. She needs help controlling her magic." Thor said.

"Loki is-"

"Not him." Frigga interrupted, "Me. I can help."

"But she could harm you!" Odin protested.

"She could, but she won't." Frigga said with confidence, "I will help her."

"Frigga-"

"I will help Hela."

Odin sighed heavily. He knew Frigga would not give up.

"Very well." He said, "But she is to have the cuffs on at all times when she is not training. And Loki is not to know of her existence."

Helena didn't know whether to feel relieved or worried. She had a place to stay, but what if she did accidentally hurt someone? Two pairs of footsteps began to approach the door as Helena scrambled back and tried to feign innocence. The door opened and Thor and Frigga walked through.

"Hello Hela, my name is Frigga." The woman spoke kindly.

"H-hi." Helena squeaked, a big intimidated.

"She would prefer to be called by her Midgardian name- Helena." Thor informed his mother.

"Alright then." Frigga said before turning back to Helena, "I'm sorry you had to hear all of that. My husband can be disagreeable at times."

Thor looked at her, confused.

"She stayed outside so she wouldn't have to lis-" He began.

"Helena takes after Loki in at least one way- he had a habit of listening to conversations he wasn't supposed to." Frigga said, but she smiled gently to show she wasn't upset with Helena. If anything, Frigga seemed sad.

"Well, I should be going." Thor said, referring to all of his princely duties he had to catch up on, before he turned to Helena, "Is it alright if my mother shows you around?"

Helena looked back at the Queen and nodded.

"Great. See you later, Helena." Thor smiled, ruffling her hair as he passed.

Helena fixed her hair with slight annoyance that made Frigga laugh.

"Follow me, my dear." Frigga said, and the tour of the castle began.