💔Shoto Todoroki||Heroes Don't Cry||Angst💔

It was another rainy day, alone, in your dorm, with nothing to do. It's kinda depressing today, isn't it? You thought. To be honest, every day was a little depressing in your eyes. Something always went wrong, someone always got hurt, somewhere something was always happening.

   But you were tired of it. You did want to be a hero, you did want to help people, but you needed help, too. Help from yourself. It was true you couldn't be left alone for too long, not because of harming yourself. Or you were in danger. Or you were dangerous.

   But because your thoughts were dangerous.

"I'll never be a good hero." Something you told yourself every single day. It always got you a little down, but you suppressed it. You kept your feeling hidden away from the world. Your boyfriend didn't even know. You trusted him with your life but never told him something so simple.

   It rained a little harder as tears rolled down your cheeks. You heard your phone buzz but ignored it. It's useless, you thought. Even if I did answer, who'd care? It's not like it'll fix the world. That's supposed to be a hero's job. To save people and fix things. But I can't even fix myself and all I can do is sit here and cry. I'm gonna be a terrible hero.

  There was a knock at your door, but you inner thoughts drowned it out. You sat on the floor, crying in front of the rain covered window. "Y/n? Are you in there?" You heard a voice ask. Shoto, he's looking for me, you thought. What could he need?

   You dried your tears with the sleeves of your sweater to try and cover any evidence. But you couldn't hide the pink around your eyes and nose. Maybe he won't notice, you thought. "Y/n. Hi, I brought you some food. It-.. were you crying?" 

Damn it, he noticed.

   "Whaaat? Why would you think that? I'm not supposed to cry." You answered, trying to come up with a quick excuse. "Y/n I know you. You look like you were crying, what happened?" You panicked a little but then added, "I yawned! I tear up when I yawn! I-" He pulled you into a hug before you could keep rambling. 

  He pulled you both into the dorm and sat down with you by the same window. Your tears still soaking the floor a little in a small puddle. Oh CRAP, you mentally cursed yourself. "Shoto, thank you for the food, but you don't have to stay if you don't want to. I don't wanna keep you here against your will." 

   "Y/n, it's not against my will if it's concerning you. Especially if you were sad and crying. Now tell me, why were you crying?" You sighed, he caught you. "I.. I'm sacred I'm gonna be a bad hero.." He smiled kindly at you.

   "That's why you were crying? You think you're going to be a bad hero? Y/n, you have an extremely special, powerful quirk and a kind heart. You have the brightest smile I have ever seen and the sweetest laugh I have ever heard." You teared up a bit at his words. 

   No one had ever told you that. You got into UA all on your own. And you didn't have much family to cheer you on, either. "S-Shoto," your voice cracked as you streamed tears. "You're just saying that cause you have to." You weren't easily fooled anymore by those who pretend to have a good heart.

   "Y/n, I'm not saying it cause I have to. But cause I want to. And it's all true," he opened his arms so you could lean into him, and he wrapped his arms around you. "Why would you say you aren't supposed to cry?" He mentioned the rambling you were doing when he first arrived. 

   "Well.. heroes aren't supposed to cry. Heroes are supposed to shine a smile and we aren't supposed to show things like this." He pulled you up to look you directly in the eyes. "Y/n listen to me. Everyone cries. Even I cry. Just because we're supposed to be heroes, doesn't mean we shouldn't cry. And you know what I think? I think heroes must cry sometimes, too. " 

   He gave you a kind kiss as he himself teared up, and he pulled away. "You don't have to hide tears from me, okay? Even if it's for, I don't know, breaking your favorite pencil. You don't have to keep sadnesses so locked up, alright?" You leaned your head on his chest as you both watched the rain. 

   "I'm sorry I never told you anything sooner, Sho. I just... I just didn't wanna get in your way." You really didn't want to. He always had important hero work to tend to with his father being the number 1 hero and all. You didn't want to be nagging at the back of his head all day.

   "Next time," he started, "don't take too long, okay?" He looked at your face, as if you were the most gorgeous thing in the world. He gave you a small peck on the forehead and put his head on yours. As you both watched the peaceful rain, in a comfortable silence.

"I love you, Y/n. It's okay to be sad."

"Thank you, Shoto."

892 words.

I am really really really really sorry that took so long 😔🙌🏼

Sorry if I wasted your time! 

Happy reading!

-AmaSama ❤️