💖Hanta Sero||Duct Tape||Fluff💖

You, like Izuku Midoriya, had a hero journal. Small notes about, of course, heroes. Quirk functions, weaknesses, flaws, advantages, normal hero things. Since you were little you wanted to be a hero. But getting your quirk two years after the other kids put you up for hell of a ride.

   The All Might journal you'd had since you were five was kept in perfect condition, it was important to you. But no one in your middle school believed in you. Except for your best and only friend, Hanta Sero. He, like you, wanted to get into UA and become a hero. But he, like you, was teased and made fun of over his quirk.

   Your bully since childhood snatched your hero journal from you and waved it in the air as he spoke. "Come on, L/n! You're defective! No one wants to be saved by a defective hero, do they?" Just because you got your quirk a little later didn't mean it was any worse than anybody else's.

   "Leave me alone! I got my quirk a little later than you guys, so what? I'm still trying a lot harder than you are! I might even be a better hero than you one day!" That's when you were blindsided by a slap to the face and fell to the floor from the quick surprise.

   "Listen here, runt. You are never. Ever. Going to be better than me. Than a single person in this class. You weren't supposed to get a quirk at all. You should just give up while you have a chance."

   You were trying to hold back the tears that inevitably came. And just as you were about to breakdown on the floor, you heard a voice run up behind you and tape shoot towards your bullies.

   "Hey! Leave her alone!" Sero flung the bullies towards a nearby wall and gave one a broken nose. The journal flew from the bully's hands and onto the floor not too far in front of you. You quickly jolted over and stuffed it in your bag, since you never liked letting people see it. The other two sat up from their previous positions in the wall.

"Dude let's get out of here! She has her damn guard dog!" And boy, they ran. It was after school hours so you couldn't care less about where they went.

"Y/n, are you okay? You look kinda shaken." He helped you up and dusted you off. 

   "I-I'm okay, like you said, just a little shaken." You rubbed your cheek where you now had a pink handprint. It certainly caught his attention since you winced when he touched it. "Wait here, I'll be right back, hold tight."

   He disappeared before you could say another word and came back running 5 minutes later with an ice pack in his hand. "Here, for your- your cheek-" He huffed from having ran at least a block or two. You didn't ask for anything, but you were his best friend, after all.

   "Thanks? I really didn't need this Hanta, I told you I'm fine!" You insisted, even though the cold touch did relieve the pain. "Y/n, I may not be the smartest in class, but I can visibly tell that you're in pain. Which one of them did that to you? I swear I'll beat their a-"

   "That's not necessary, really! It'll fade, its fine! ...But if you really wanna know, it was the orange one." Holding the ice pack to your cheek, you both walked into a café to get your daily after-school snack. It was nice, though you felt guilty always having him pay. He was being a "gentleman" in his own words. The ice pack slowly thawed from your body heat so you set it down on the table you both sat at.  

   As you checked to make sure you still had everything in your bag you noticed that the cover of your hero journal had been torn halfway down the middle. You gasped and pulled it out of your bag to flip through the rest of the pages, making sure there wasn't anymore damage to it. Sero looked towards you since the gasp had caught his attention.

   "What? What's wrong? Why'd you gasp like that?" He then noticed the journal, seeing the tear across the front cover. "Ooh, that's why? You can borrow some tape if ya need it."  Sero tore a short strip of tape from his elbow, opened the journal, and placed it across the back of the cover, so that you could still see All Might's smile on the front. 

   "Oh, heh, thanks I guess." You closed the journal and pushed it to the side, and while you weren't paying attention, Sero leaned over and kissed the already pink cheek. You froze in place as your face went from pink to red. "Did- um- did you just-" 

   "Sorry if I startled you at all Y/n, I kinda really wanted to tell you that, well, um- hay, que pinga- I really like you, like mucho a lot. I didn't really know how to tell you so, yeah, that's- this was a terrible idea wasn't it? I'm sorry, I should've asked first or-" 

   You leaned over the table to tilt up his chin and gave him a soft kiss. Now it was his turn to go pink and red. "You know I really like you too, right? Like, mucho a lot?" His face went from shock to flustered and then he had the audacity to ask "¿En serio? Like, seriously, actually?" 

"Sí, of course en serio, you goofball."

939 words

Thanks for reading!

Hope you enjoyed!

~AmaSama💖