Chapter 12

Mike sat with his head propped back on the chair he'd been sleeping in since about 4am. His mouth was hanging open and he was breathing deeply. Jade was watching him. He was oddly beautiful to her. Since the beginning of 2007, he'd looked like he could use a good shave. He had short, deep brown, almost black hair perched on top of his head. She glanced at his open mouth. His teeth were perfect, rounded off at the edges. God, and his hands. She loved his hands. They were so clean, and soft, and perfect. He used to be so, for lack of a better word, porky. He'd lost a lot of weight in previous year, and it suited him. Everything seemed to fit him so well. His striped, long sleeve shirt hung off of him, but clung to him just the right way. His jeans lay just right over his black and white DC Skateboarding shoes. She noticed her own pink and black pair sitting on the floor. She chuckled. They'd already had so much in common before they'd even met. So,she watched him sleeping in the chair. His legs were stretched out, his feet laying, in his shoes, flat on the floor. His left arm was rested on his stomach and his right draped over the arm of the chair, the hand hanging limply. His head was still lulled back on the back of the chair and his chest was rising and falling gently. She smiled softly. She was truly in love with him.

Mike suddenly snorted oddly and lifted his head. He closed his mouth and looked at her. She smiled at him. He leaned forward and let his elbows rest on her bed, taking her right hand. He kissed the back of it, and hugged it to his cheek.

"How do you feel?" he asked. He immediately felt stupid for asking. Of course she was in pain. Dammit, he was retarded sometimes. But she just smiled her angelic smile and lulled her head to the side.

"A little tired," she sighed, "And my arm hurts. Nothing time and sleep won't fix," she grinned. He smiled at her. She was positively glowing. He wondered if she knew about their little "package" yet. He sighed, watching her.

"I'm so sorry this had to happen," he muttered, "Matt should have gotten you out of the way." Jade took a deep breath.

"Mike, baby," she started, "You can't blame Matt." He shook his head.

"But he was there, dammit!" he burst, "He could have pulled you away!" Jade sighed, tears coming to her eyes.

"Baby, what's wrong?" he asked. She took a shuttering breath.

"I don't even know what happened," she sighed, "I only remember everything going blurry. My stomach hurt so bad." Mike sighed and pressed his lips to the back of her hand.

"There was a light rigging that had come loose," he explained to her, "It fell. You had already passed out, from your stomach." She sighed.

"What's wrong with me?" she asked, staring down at the hospital blanket. Tears were pouring down her face. She was obviously terrified that something was horribly wrong with her. Mike decided then that she didn't know yet. He took a deep breath.

"Yeah, uh, about that," he breathed out heavily, "I guess we're going to, uhm, have a baby." She looked up at him , gasping tearfully.

"Wh-what?" she stuttered . He smiled at her, still playing absentmindedly with her hand.

"A baby?" she asked. He smiled, almost laughing, and nodded. She let her head fall back into her pillow, and then started laughing so hard that she started to sib. He grinned and leaned up to give her a kiss. She smiled and leaned into a hug. Mike sighed.

"I didn't really expect to have kids this soon," he muttered, "But I'm not in the least bit disappointed." She smiled at him.

"Is this going to mes up our careers?" she asked. He shook his ead.

"Nooo," he said, "Not in the least. We'll take a little while off and the little boy," he said, rubbing her belly, "or girl, can come with us." She grinned.

"You sure you want to subject your child to all that attention?" she asked. Mike shrugged.

"It was going to get it anyway just for having us as parents," he laughed. She smiled.

"I guess you're right," she sighed. He smiled.

"Then we should get you home so we can think about names, shouldn't we?" he asked. She laughed and sat up. He helped her out of the bed.