Chapter 2

So, tomorrow, we're going to work on incorporating in some of the piano into 'Down the Road,'" Mike told Jade. She nodded, putting papers back into her folder. He sighed and stretched.

"Ahh," he moaned, and then ran a hand through his short, black hair. 

"Thanks for helping us today," Jade muttered, looking at him. He grinned his bright smile.

"Don't mention it," he said, "I'm always up for a new project." She scratched her arm and smiled at him.

"See ya," she said, and walked out the door. Mike went to pick a few stray papers up from near the window. He sighed and looked out the window, watching Jade get into her car. Rick walked in and patted Mike on the shoulder.

"Hey, thanks for the help, Mike," he said, grabbing the papers from his hands. Mike looked at him.

"Wha--Oh, anytime," he muttered, looking down at the papers in his hands. Rick looked out the window and saw Jade pulling away. He smiled.

"She's a unique one," he sighed. Mike smirked.

"She's nice," he looked at Rick. Rick laughed.

"She's young, Mike," he said, "You're 30-years-old." Mike shrugged.

"So?" he asked, looking at Rick oddly. Rick laughed and shook his head.

"I know there's more than her being nice on your mind," he chuckled. Mike scoffed at him.

"She's a nice girl," he laughed. Rick laughed and shook his head. Mike rolled his eyes.

"Rick, I'm not that shallow of a guy," he muttered, "I'm not always thinking about sex." Rick nodded.

"Sure thing, Spike," he said and got up to leave. Mike growled and threw his pen across the room. Dammit, just because he was a rockstar doesn't mean that he wanted to fuck everything with two legs. He sighed and walked from the studio. He needed to get home and get a good shower, and a good bed. He got into his car and drove home.

~*~

Jade unlocked the door to her apartment. She walked inside, threw her keys on the end table and sighed, flopping down onto the couch. She looked at the clock. 1:24 am.

"What a day," she muttered to herself, running a hand over her face. And it had been for her, what with the fender-bender that she'd had in the gym parking lot and running into Linkin Park at the Laurel House. She checked her cell phone before throwing it loudly and carelessly onto the coffee table in front of her, and laid down on the couch. She turned on the TV, but didn't pay much attention to it. She was too tired. She sighed and her eyes got so heavy that they finally closed and she fell into a deep slumber. She didn't wake again until her phone rang. She groaned and turned over. She looked at the Caller ID.

"Rick?" she looked at it, confused. She flipped open the phone. "Hello?" she choked out tiredly.

"Jade, I didn't ask Mike to come and help us for you to sleep the day away," Rick muttered into the phone. Jade sat up quickly, gasping.

"Oh shit!" she said loudly, sitting up. "What time is it?" Rick laughed into the phone.

"It's 12:30," he told her. Jade groaned.