Chapter 15

It didn't take long for them to get everything settled. As Jacob and Bailey's parents, they knew almost immediately what every little cry and whimper meant. Most of the time, it was that they wanted a bottle. Mike couldn't believe that people so small could eat so much. But he was always up for feeding them. He loved them so much. And he wanted to show them off to the world. He wanted to take them everywhere with he and Jade. So, when the twins were four months old, in January of the next year, they decided to go back on tour. The twins would be going with them

~*~

The tour was going amazing. At a stop in Michigan, they'd traveled to northern Indiana to visit Jade's family. It couldn't last forever, however, and they had to go and do their home show in Los Angeles. Again, Mike was all about showing off his twins to everyone. When he walked out to visit Missy, the advisor of the Music for Relief booth, he took the twins with him. As could be expected, hundreds of people fawned over Jacob and Bailey. And Jade did NOT like that. She didn't want people touching her children. She was getting annoyed with Mike. Why was he okay with complete strangers touching them? She sighed then, watching Mike at the Music for Relief table. He was smiling at Jake, as they'd nicknamed him. Miss was holding Bailey. Jade was standing on a balcony just above them. She watched a brown haired woman walk up to Mike and Jake. She couldn't see them woman's face to know who she was, but she could see Mike's face. He looked suddenly annoyed and ill at the same time. She watched as he seemed to instinctively hold Jake closer to himself. Her heart started to hammer. Why was Mike so nervous about this woman? He glanced up at her.

"Jade," he muttered, "Can you come down and take him?" he asked. She nodded and walked down a few stairs, and took Jake from Mike's arms. He smiled and kissed her and then walked off, looking quite annoyed. Jade looked at the woman, now recognizing her. It was Anna, Mike's first wife. Jade stared at her for a moment and Anna stared back equally before turning on her heel to follow Mike. Jade watched her walk away and then turned to Missy, smiling.

"I can take her," she smiled. Missy grinned and handed Bailey to her. She then sighed and looked at Jade.

"I can't believe this is where you are," Missy grinned. Jade looked at her, smiling.

"I remember when I first met you in Lexington when you were 19," Missy laughed, "You were so eager to help with Music for Relief. You didn't even imagine MEETING Mike, let alone marrying him." Jade laughed.

"Life has a lot of surprises," she smiled. Missy grinned. Jade sighed.

"I'd better get backstage," she said. Missy nodded and hugged her, kissing her cheek.

"See you after the show," she smiled. Jade grinned and carried the twins backstage. She heard shouting issuing from Mike's dressing room. She peeked inside after having laid the twins down in her own dressing room. She saw Anna in Mike's face.

"Those were supposed to be OUR children," she screamed.

"No, Anna," Mike spat, "YOU left ME, remember?" He stepped around her. She grabbed his arm.

"I wanted your children," she exclaimed, "You were gone all the time, Mike!" He chuckled.

"Well, it's a little too late now, Anna," he laughed, annoyed, "I'm married now, and I have children with someone else." Anna sighed.

"I made a horrible mistake, Mike," she said. He shook his head.

"Please just get out, Anna," he said quietly, "I have a show to do." She sighed and turned to walk out. She stared at Jade as she left and then put her head down tearfully, leaving. Jade sighed and then walked into Mike's room. He was sitting in a chair, bent over with his face in his hands. She didn't want to upset him more, but she had to talk to him about taking Jake and Bailey out to be touched by everyone in Hell and half of Georgia.