Chapter 14

When he woke, it was about 4 in the afternoon. He got up, messy-haired, from the bed and walked into the living room. Jade was sitting on the couch, the TV on to some music channel. She was propped back on a pillow, with what looked like a book with Winnie-the-Pooh and Tigger on the front cover. She seemed to be trying her hardest to write something with her right hand. Mike chuckled and sat down next to her. She smiled at him.

"What're you writing?" he asked. She sighed.

"Well, I'm TRYING to start our baby's book," she smiled. Mike grinned and took the book from her. With her off-dominant hand, the only thing that she'd managed to write was her name, as the "mother." Mike smiled at her, taking the pen from her. She sighed and sat up, watching him fill in blanks on the page. He read everything aloud as he went.

"Mother?" he muttered, "Jade Jewell. Father? Michael Shinoda." She laughed, watching him. "When were my mommy and daddy born? Mommy was born on September 13, 1986 and Daddy was born on February 11, 1977." Jade chuckled. He looked at her.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"Nothing," she grinned. He smiled and went back to writing.

"What do mommy and daddy do?" he laughed, "Oh God. Mommy and daddy are famous singers." Jade laughed.

"Our baby is going to have such a complex," she said. Mike chortled. He looked at the next few lines.

"If I am a boy, mommy wants to name me..." he paused and looked at Jade. She thought for a moment.

"Uhm-" she said, "Jacob Michael." Mike nodded and wrote it down.

"But daddy wants to name me..." he thought, "Drake Alexander." He wrote it down. "Now, girls names," he looked at Jade. She thought for a little while.

"Hmm-" she thought, "Mailie Anstice, I guess." Mike nodded and write the name down.

"And Bailey Isabelle for me," he grinned. The phone rang.

"That's probably your mom," Jade said, "She told me she'd call me back after she called the florist." Mike grabbed the phone.

"Hello?" he answered it.

"Hi Mike!" his mom's voice rang, "Can I talk to Jade?" Mike laughed and handed Jade the phone.

"Hi Kim," Jade laughed.

"Hi," Kim smiled, "Okay, so here's what's up."

"Okay," Jade said.

"They are all for doing the flowers for your wedding," Kim said, "There only had one problem."

"What's that?" Jade asked.

"They only have pnk roses for Valentine's Day," Kim said, "Obviously, red is a very popular color for that day."

"Oh Lord," Jade laughed, "I don't mind. Pink is fine." Kim chuckled.

"Okay, I just wanted o make sure," she said, "I guess I'd better call and confirm it then. When would you like to go look at dresses?"

"Oh," Jade muttered, "Tomorrow is fine with me."

"Okay," Kim said, "Is 2 okay then?"

"Yeah," Jade grinned, "2 is fine."

"Okay, see you then," Kim said.

"Yup," Jade smiled, "Bye." She hung up. Mike looked at her.

"Where you going at 2 tomorrow?" he asked. Jade smiled at him.

"No where imporant," she grinned. Mike chuckled.

"I guess I'll find out in time," he smiled. Jade grinned and kissed him. They spent the rest of the night eating dinner, filling out more of the baby book, and falling asleep to a movie on the couch.